Master's Degree Program in Holistic Wellness
Holistic wellness master's programs are not common, but there are a handful of schools offering programs in related fields, such as holistic health studies or health and wellness. These programs guide students in understanding the philosophy of alternative healthcare, while not neglecting Western medicine practices.
A master's program in holistic health studies will provide an understanding of the philosophy of alternative medicine, exploring methods such as aromatherapy, meditation and energy healing. These programs also provide an overview of Western health and wellness topics, including nutrition, anatomy and stress management.
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in a health-related field such as nursing, health and wellness or nutrition; minimum GPA of 3.0 may be required as well.
- Online Availability: Some classes can be taken online.
- Other Requirements: A final research project will likely be required for program completion.
Master's in Holistic Health Studies
Applicants to master's degree programs in holistic health studies should hold a bachelor's degree in nursing, nutrition, health and wellness or another related field. Most programs culminate in a final research project. In addition to an in-depth review of alternative medical practices such as energy healing and meditation, candidates should expect coursework that covers Western medicine, as well. Online classes may be available, depending on the program. Typical coursework may include the following:
- Herbology and homeopathy
- Emotional health
- Eastern approaches to health
- Integrative health
Popular Career Options
With a master's degree in holistic health studies, graduates may find opportunities in clinics, hospitals, schools or private practices, where they may work to counsel and recommend holistic treatments to clients. Some common job titles include the following:
- Health educator
Continuing Education Information
Graduates of the master's degree in holistic health studies program may qualify for voluntary certifications through organizations like the Aromatherapy Registration Council or the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board. To earn certification, applicants must meet training and professional experience requirements and successfully pass an exam.
Related to Masters Degree Program in Holistic Wellness
- Recently Updated
Holistic health programs train students in natural and alternative methods of promoting wellness by means of nutrition,...
Holistic wellness is the practice of blending mental, physical and spiritual choices and activities to promote good health....
Read about master's degree programs in holistic health studies. Find out about courses, career options, salary trends and...
Online bachelor's degree programs in exercise and wellness are not typically available, but a few do exist. These degree...
- Master of Science (MS): Holistic Nutrition Degree Overview
- Online Degrees in Holistic Health and Medicine by Program Level
- Online Masters Degree in Holistic Nutrition: Program Summary
- Associate of Computer Systems & Networking Technology: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Economic Crime Investigation Degree Overview
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Development: Program Info
- Veterinary Assistant Certificate Programs