Master's Degree Programs in Conflict Management
Find out about master's degree programs in conflict management. Learn about the prerequisites and required courses in these programs, and explore career options and continuing education opportunities for graduates.
Conflict management master's programs teach students how to effectively handle workplace conflicts and disputes. Most programs require two years of study and require students to complete a thesis on a specific aspect of conflict management. Some programs offer areas of concentration in business administration or management. Courses in these programs may include arbitration strategies, research methods and crisis management. A master's degree in conflict management prepares students for advanced negotiation, arbitration and conflict management careers with nonprofit agencies, government agencies and private businesses.
To enroll in a conflict management master's degree program, students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Students must submit official transcripts and GRE or GMAT test scores for evaluation.
Conflict management courses teach students to handle all types of business, financial and operational conflicts within organizations. Students learn to direct negotiations between employees, employers and third parties. In addition to learning negotiation and arbitration techniques, students also learn advanced business and economic concepts in order to effectively apply conflict management strategies. Typical courses include:
- Negotiation and mediation
- Arbitration strategies
- Conflict management research methods
- Business program facilitation
- Business communication
- Employee relations
- Human resource management
- Crisis management
Popular Career Options
With a master's degree in conflict management, students can seek a number of conflict management positions with businesses that utilize human resources, negotiations and employee relations to reach long- and short-term business objectives. Students can become business consultants for nonprofit organizations, corporations and private businesses. Most conflict management positions require professional to work directly with human resources or management members, making business communication an integral responsibility. Typical career options include:
- Business consultant
- Human resources representative
Continuing Education Information
For advanced research or postsecondary teaching positions, conflict management professionals can seek a Ph.D. in business administration or management. Professionals can also seek membership and continuing education opportunities with conflict management associations such as the International Association for Conflict Management and the Association for Conflict Resolution.
Related to Master Degree Programs in Conflict Management
- Recently Updated
Research master's degrees in business administration with a concentration in negotiation and conflict management. Get...
A degree in business, law, social work, counseling, teaching, or a similar field can prepare a student for a career in conflict...
Conflict management involves the resolution of disputes. Conflict management programs are available at a variety of levels,...
Students interested in studying for a healthcare management master's degree in the Charlotte, NC, area have a few schools to...
- Master of Management: Degree Overview
- Top Hotel Management Masters and MBA Programs: List of Schools
- Hospitality Management Masters Certificate Programs
- Associate of Legal Administration: Assistant Degree Overview
- MBA in Digital Media Management: Program Overview
- Animation and Cartooning Careers: Options and Requirements
- Education Requirements for Becoming an Online Teacher
- Salary for Graduates with a Masters Degree in Business Management
- Salary & Career Info for a Disaster & Emergency Management Master's
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Building Inspection
- Administrative Law Judge: Requirements, Duties and Outlook
- How to Be a Promoter: Career Information by Specialization