Masters in Public Policy Degree Programs with Career Information
Public policy covers the creation, analysis and influence of regulations affecting people around the world. Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.) degree programs train graduates to work in government organizations or the private sector. An M.P.P. program includes extensive classroom study, independent research and an internship experience.
Public policy programs provide students with the analytical, legal and ethical skills needed for a career in shaping and influencing policy at the local, national or international levels. Many public policy programs offer students concentration opportunities in financial management, public management, international business or environmental policy.
- Program Levels in Public Policy: Master's degree, PhD
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree
- Program Length: 2 years
- Other Requirements: Application process might require an essay or other writing sample, in addition to standardized test scores and undergraduate grades
Master's Degree in Public Policy
Courses in a Master of Public Policy degree program cover policy analysis, economic theory and management techniques. M.P.P. classes include:
- Ethical issues in public policy
- Research methods for public policy
- Markets and market failures
- Economic analysis of public policy
- Public policy process and analysis
- Legal frameworks for public policy
- Microtheory and public finance
Popular Career Options
Graduates of Master of Public Policy programs find work in fields in the public, private and nonprofit sectors. Careers in public policy can be found in the following types of organizations:
- Consulting agencies
- Public interest groups
- Advocacy organizations
- National, state or local government agencies
- Media outlets
- Public relations organizations
- Research institutes
Continuing Education Information
A master's degree is considered adequate education for many careers in public policy. However, a Ph.D. in Public Policy is widely available for students seeking additional development. Often, students pursuing a Ph.D. in Public Policy are interested in becoming educators.
Related to Public Policy Masters Degree
- Recently Updated
Masters degrees in public policy typically cover the research, analysis and problem-solving abilities needed for political...
Read about public policy degree programs. Explore program overviews and common courses. Learn what is needed to enroll and...
Graduates of an online master's degree program in public policy are prepared for careers in public policy development and...
Those looking to further their careers as environmental engineers, hydrologists or geoscientists can earn a master's degree in...
- Masters in International Policy Degree Program Information
- Masters Degree in Organizational Behavior: Program Overview
- PhD in Public Policy and Administration: Program Information
- Masters Degree in Logistics: Program Overviews
- Master of International Studies: Degree Overview
- Best Birmingham School for a Management Information Systems Degree
- Masters Degree in Child Development: Program Overview
- Doctor of Public Policy and Administration: Degree Overview
- Five-Year Bachelor's/Master's Programs in Psychology: An Overview
- Associate of Arts (AA): Visual Journalism Degree Overview
- Master of Arts (MA): Communication Arts Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): E-Business Degree Overview