Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Online with Course Info
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification courses can be taken online through a variety of scholastic institutions. Keep reading for info on courses in becoming certified.
Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist Certification and Courses
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification is a credential granted by the Microsoft Company after students complete Microsoft Office skills exams. Online MOS Certification preparation courses can be completed through a variety of educational institutions, including community and 4-year colleges, vocational schools and universities. While some schools award credits and/or certificates of completion, the MOS Certification is only available from Microsoft.
In order to learn the basics of the Microsoft Office applications, students must have access to the Microsoft Office programs on a PC. As a result of software upgrades and changes, many versions of this software are available, and depending on which programs students are using, the company offers different certification courses and exams accordingly. For example, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office XP, and Microsoft Office 2000 each have their own preparation courses and exams.
Some schools allow students to enroll in an online MOS preparation course at any time, while others operate on a semester system. Online MOS courses are typically completed in modules. Each module covers a basic program function, such as creating, organizing and formatting content, in one of Microsoft Office's five basic programs. Students are taught to use the tools to create finished products. The five Microsoft Office software programs are:
The three MOS certification levels are specialist, expert and master. For the MOS specialist certification, students must pass a specialist skills test. For expert MOS certification, either the Word Expert or the Excel Expert exam must be passed. In order to become master certified, students must pass four exams: Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint Expert and either the Access or Outlook exam.
After completing the course, students can take the MOS certification exam at a proctored testing center near their home. Upon successful completion, students will receive an award from Microsoft in the mail.
Related to Office Specialist Courses
- Recently Updated
Microsoft Office Specialist certifications are optional credentials that can demonstrate competence in Microsoft Office...
Microsoft Office certifications are generally optional credentials that can demonstrate specialized competence in one or more...
Find out how to earn Microsoft Office specialist certification. Learn what to expect from the certification process and what...
Read about certificate and degree programs for the aspiring office specialist. Discover what students need to apply, and see...
- Microsoft SQL Certification and Training Options
- Microsoft Desktop Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- Microsoft Security Certification and Certificate Program Options
- Transition Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Jobs in the Equine Industry: Career Options and Requirements
- IRS Auditor: Job Description & Requirements
- Career Info for a Degree in Real Estate or Real Estate Finance
- Microsoft MCDBA, MCDST and MCP Certification and Training Programs
- Microsoft Access Certification Options
- Accounting Executive: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Massage Therapy
- Limited Scope X-Ray Technician Career Information and Requirements