The area around Minnetonka offers 4-year private colleges as well as 2-year and 4-year public schools that have a variety of fields of study. We compare these traditional institutions using data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Minnetonka, Minnesota
The closest schools to Minnetonka are mostly a mix of less than 2-year specialty schools and 4-year institutions. The majority of these schools are private institutions. The following non-specialty colleges and universities are within 8 miles of downtown Minnetonka.
- University of Phoenix-Minnesota (2.7 miles from downtown)
- Minnesota School of Business-Plymouth (4.3 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie (6.6 miles from downtown)
- Dunwoody College of Technology (7.2 miles from downtown)
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College (7.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Minnetonka, Minnesota
Some students may desire to attend larger institutions for more variety in organizations, activities, etc. The two largest schools in the area offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs, while the other three in the list are 2-year public institutions.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (50,678 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,148 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,855 students)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (9,294 students)
- Century College (8,996 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The average net price is established by the NCES by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awards for full-time undergrads from the total cost of attending schools. While many public or private schools in this area had net prices above $20,000 for 2014-2015, schools with lower rates were also available.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rate
This rate, calculated by the NCES, is based on the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time, or six years for bachelor's degrees and three years for associate's degrees. Several schools in the area had rates of 50% or greater for 2015.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- Minneapolis Business College (86% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Academy College (75% graduation rate)
The Minnetonka, MN, area is home to a plethora of public and private institutions that offer a large range in location, size, price, and graduation rates for students to consider.