Oakdale-area residents interested in a college education can choose from roughly 25 schools within 15 miles of the city. Among these institutions are for-profit universities, specialized health career training schools, seminaries and community colleges. To help the average student make an informed academic decision, this article focuses solely on the more traditional public and private non-profit schools near Oakdale categorized using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Oakdale, Minnesota
Students who want to study close to home or work will find school location to be a priority. Here are schools offering a tradiational college pathway near to the city of Oakdale.
- Rasmussen College - Lake Elmo/Woodbury, 0.0 miles
- Globe University - Woodbury, 5.3 miles
- Metropolitan State University, 7.5 miles
- Century College, 8.1 miles
- Saint Paul College, 8.1 miles
Largest Schools Near Oakdale, Minnesota
A large school offers schedule flexibility for students, more social interactions and, typically, more options for student involvement in clubs and recreational activities. Find here several schools with larger student bodies.
- University of St. Thomas, 10,140
- Century College, 9,478
- Metropolitan State University, 8,355
- Saint Paul College, 6,600
- Inver Hills Community College, 5,958
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A college's net price is determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid students receive from the total cost of attendance, which includes in-state tuition, fees, books, room and board. The average net prices for traditional schools in the Oakdale area range from around $8,200 to $29,400 for 2015-2016 per NCES reports.
- Century College, $8,184
- Inver Hills Community College, $11,437
- Saint Paul College, $12,725
- Metropolitan State University, $14,625
- Concordia University-Saint Paul, $19,082
Highest Graduation Rate
A college's overall graduation rate shows the percentage of students who complete an academic program within 150% of the usual time. For instance, four years is the normal time it takes to earn a bachelor's degree, so the graduation rate is calculated based on the number of students who earn a bachelor's degree in six years. The overall graduation rates for non-specialized mainstream colleges and universities near Oakdale range from nearly 90% down to less than 10%. Here are some traditional public or private not-for-profit schools with the highest graduation rates based on NCES reports.
- Macalester College, 90%
- University of St. Thomas, 76%
- Bethel University, 74%
- University of Northwestern - St. Paul, 66%
- Hamline University, 63%
To conclude, school location, size, graduation rates and costs are important distinctions for those looking for a college program near Oakdale, Minnesota.