Online Heavy Equipment Training Programs and Courses
Heavy equipment programs require hands-on training with large, expensive machinery, so few schools offer fully online courses. Programs may start with online, at-home training then require students to complete practical work on campus.
The National Heavy Equipment Operators School offers hybrid training to prepare students to operate tractors, bulldozers, excavators and many other pieces of construction equipment. The distance learning portion of the program can be completed at students' leisure.
The on-campus portion takes a month to complete. The online portion includes 60 lessons which can be completed virtually whenever students want. The courses have an exam at the end, which can be completed immediately after finishing the course or at another time.
Overview of Courses
The online courses for the heavy equipment training programs familiarize students with principles of heavy equipment operating. This includes terminology and safety equipment for the different equipment. Students also learn basic procedures, which they expand upon in the month-long resident-training program. Online modules cover:
- Tires and wheels
- Fuel systems and fuels
- Inspection repair and maintenance
- Land clearing planning, methods and machinery
- Fires and firefighting
- Power trains
- Soils and soil testing
- Career success
The month-long residency portion of the program includes hands-on training operating the many different heavy equipment vehicles, on both new and old makes and models. Participants also study the environmental impact of using the equipment in order to fully understand the importance of using it properly. Students earn permits and licenses to drive the different vehicles as they're trained on them.
Related to Online Heavy Equipment Training
- Recently Updated
Heavy equipment operators require little formal education. Learn about the training and course topics as well as employment...
Heavy equipment repair technicians and mechanics are responsible for cleaning, repairing and installing equipment on large...
Heavy duty equipment and machinery operators utilize and maintain large vehicles, bulldozers, backhoes and dump trucks in such...
Aspiring heavy equipment operators often learn their trade through an apprenticeship. These apprenticeships are available...
- Schools for Aspiring Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- How to Become a Heavy Equipment Technician: Career Guide
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic: Training and Career Information
- Financial Examiner: Career Information and Education Requirements
- Certified Coding Specialist: Exam and Licensing Information
- Career Info for a Photography, Film or Video Degree
- Property Damage Inspector: Job Description and Requirements
- Heavy Equipment Operator: Educational Requirements
- Heavy Equipment Operator: How Do I Become a Heavy Equipment Operator?
- HVAC Service Specialists: Job Outlook, Duties and Requirements
- Job Description of an Information Systems Security Officer
- Early Childhood Counselor: Education Requirements and Career Info