Online Occupational Therapy Vocational and Trade Schools
Occupational therapy involves assisting persons who are limited in their ability to complete activities of daily living, leisure and careers. Many distance learning occupational therapy schools allow students to complete 60-70% of coursework online.
Santa Ana College
An entry-level professional position in this field is an occupational therapy assistant. Santa Ana College (SAC) offers a program for assistants that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. Students receive a strong base of theoretical and practical courses that prepare graduates to sit for the national certification exam offered by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT), www.nbcot.org.
Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Santa Ana College's online program combines online lectures with supervised clinical practice and on-campus lab work. The curriculum enables students to provide help to those with developmental, mental or physical challenges. Coursework includes a general education curriculum and subjects relating to the major, such as anatomy and assessment of clients.
- Address: 1530 West 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706
- Telephone: (714) 564-6000
Completion of this school's degree program and obtainment of appropriate certification or licensure prepares graduates to work as registered occupational therapists. Shenandoah University's online program is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
In this graduate program, problem-based learning groups meet online weekly. Students are encouraged to take advantage of hands-on community-based learning opportunities that are arranged each term. In addition, participants have access to a faculty member who is available for mentoring.
- Address: 1460 University Dr., Winchester, Virginia 22601-5195
- Telephone: (540) 665-4500
University of Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma offers a hybrid master's degree program. The school also offers an online post-professional doctoral degree to registered occupational therapists; the program emphasizes advanced clinical skills and scholarly research. A registered occupational therapist (OTR) has graduated from an accredited occupational therapy institution and successfully passed a national certification examination. Many states require a license to practice.
Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT)
This professional program requires 80 semester hours of coursework that is sequenced and integrated with 26 weeks of fieldwork. The program is typically completed within 5 years.
Doctor of Science in Rehabilitation Sciences
This closely related doctoral degree has a 100% Web-based path for occupational therapists who wish to specialize in pediatric practice. The program centers on therapy used in schools and teaches students methods for early intervention to assist youngsters in successful integration into mainstream society.
- Address: 1200 N. Stonewall Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Telephone: (405) 271-2131
Related to Distance Learning Occupational Therapy Vocational Schools
- Recently Updated
See what the top occupational therapy schools have to offer below. Find out more about program options and why these schools...
Learn about programs in occupational therapy (OT), which teach students how to provide physical, mental and emotional...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an occupational therapist. Get a quick view of the requirements, as...
Occupational therapists help patients overcome physical, mental and emotional challenges that prevent them from normal,...
- Master of Science (MS): Occupational Therapy Degree Overview
- Online Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy: Program Overview
- Online Doctor of Occupational Therapy Degree Program Information
- Study.com's Insider Tips for Students
- Landscape Design Sales Career Options and Requirements
- Study.com Attends Open Education Week
- Education: An International Human Right - Study.com Speaks With the Kilgoris Project
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy: Program Summary
- Occupational Therapy Continuing Education Requirements
- Serving the Community: Study.com Speaks with the University of Colorado Boulder
- Electronics Quality Assurance Engineer: Job Description & Requirements
- Orthodontist Assistant: Career Profile