Online Schools For Microsoft Certification
Microsoft certification validates students' technical skill in using Microsoft hardware and software products. Some schools offering online courses and programs for Microsoft certification are described here, along with details about their programs.
Excelsior College offers an online Microsoft certification certificate program through its Center for Professional Development. The school has open enrollment for this program and allows students up to a year to complete online courses. Interested students should have a firm grasp of computer concepts involving hard drive installation, operation systems navigation and networking. The school recommends applicants to have two years of relevant work experience.
Certification Preparation Details
The school's Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate 2008 (MCSA) certificate program is an advanced-level series designed to prepare students for the Microsoft 70-640, -642 and -646 certification exams. Students learn how to explore techniques for securing and maintaining Windows 2008 networks and servers. They will also learn how to work on individual computers as well as larger workgroup computer systems.
Other topics of study include the following:
- Active directory
- IP Addressing
- Domain name systems
- Dynamic host configuration protocol
- Network infrastructure
- Address: 7 Columbia Cir, Albany, New York 12203-5159
- Phone Number: (518) 464-8500
The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)
Penn State has partnered with Microsoft IT Academy as well as Lynda.com, a website dedicated to providing users online technical instruction in a self-paced format. These collaborations have allowed the university to offer its students and employees free online training designed to prepare them for Microsoft certifications. In addition to complimentary education, participants are able to request vouchers to take the certification exams for free.
Certification Preparation Details
Interested individuals have access to more than 1,800 relevant courses. Students can participate in live online workshops, watch instructional videos and learn from virtual tutorials.
Courses are available to cover the following topics:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- SQL Server
- Software configuration and deployment
Certification exams that participants may be able to take include the following:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE)
- Address: 312 Old Main, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
- Phone Number: (814) 865-7517
Related to Online Microsoft Certification
- Recently Updated
Microsoft network certification programs prepare the student for success in Microsoft Learning examinations, leading to...
Discover Microsoft SQL certification and training options. Continue reading for prerequisites, coursework, career options and...
Read about Microsoft desktop-related certificate programs and certifications here. See program coursework, employment prospects...
Learn about Microsoft security certification options. Find out what to expect in a certification prep program and how earning...
- Microsoft Access Certification Options
- Career Information for Microsoft Certification
- Microsoft Systems Engineering Certification Options
- Electronics Technician: Career School Diploma Program Summary
- Software Engineering Graduate Degree Program Options
- Dog Training Certification and Education Program Information
- Master of International Studies: Degree Overview
- Be a Microsoft Certified Trainer: Certification and Career Information
- Microsoft Office Professional Certification and Certificate Programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Laboratory Science: Program Information
- Community Counseling Degree Program Overviews
- Associate Degree in Medical Massage: Program Overview