The following statistics are from the National Center for Education Statistics and relate to schools in or around Ontario, California. Learn about graduation rates, net costs, and student populations to help you make a decision regarding your education.
Closest Schools to Ontario, California
There are numerous schools within seven miles of the downtown area of Ontario. If you are interested in studying in or around that city, look into the following institutions:
- Argosy University - Inland Empire (located 4.7 miles from downtown)
- California State Polytechnic University - Pomona (located 6.5 miles from downtown)
- DeVry University - California (located 6.5 miles from downtown)
- Claremont McKenna College (located 7 miles from downtown)
- Harvey Mudd College (located 7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Ontario, California
Of the five largest schools near the city of Ontario, three of them are composed entirely of undergraduates. All five had student populations above 23,000 for the 2014-2015 year. The institutions are within a 21-mile radius of downtown Ontario.
- California State University - Fullerton (38,128 students; 32,726 undergraduates)
- Santa Ana College (29,590 students, all undergraduates)
- Mt San Antonio College (29,045 students, all undergraduates)
- Fullerton College (25,051 students, all undergraduates)
- California State Polytechnic University - Pomona (23,966 students; 22,395 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
The three schools near Ontario, California with the lowest net prices for 2014-2015 are located within 20 miles of the city. The five schools with the lowest net cost during the same academic year had amounts below $7,000. The NCES calculates these values by taking the total cost for full-time undergraduates to attend and subtracting the average financial aid they received.
- Mt San Antonio College ($4,042)
- Citrus College ($4,694)
- Santa Ana College ($6,006)
- Rio Hondo College ($6,060)
- Santiago Canyon College ($6,121)
Highest Graduation Rates
All five of the closest schools to Ontario with the highest graduation rates had rates at 90% or higher for 2015. These institutions are seven miles from downtown Ontario. The NCES determines these percentages via the amount of undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of the normal amount of time.
- Pomona College (94% graduation rate)
- Claremont McKenna College (92% graduation rate)
- Harvey Mudd College (92% graduation rate)
- Scripps College (92% graduation rate)
- Pitzer College (90% graduation rate)
There are numerous options for prospective students seeking large schools with high graduation rates and low net prices near Ontario, California.