Graduate Level Academic Scholarships
A $500 award will be given to a student pursuing a graduate degree program emphasizing Engineering. Areas of specialization that will be considered include but are not limited to mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, bioengineering, industrial engineering, nuclear engineering, chemical engineering and computer engineering.
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: April 1st, 2017
- One Award Annually
Previous Scholarship Winner — $500 Award
Brigham Young University
"This scholarship will help me focus on my research- how to design income generating products for people in developing countries. Many people have tried to do this in recent years, but the principles of design are different in a developing world context and understanding these principles is the key to success. Unfortunately, no one is able to articulate these principles which is what my research will strive to do. This work will help every other engineer who wants to use their problem solving skills to alleviate poverty and create meaningful change in the world."
Applicants should be pursuing any degree within a related Engineering program emphasis, such as one of the following:
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Study.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Study.com. The application process is completely online.
Read the full scholarship terms and conditions.