Undergraduate Academic Scholarships
Study.com Scholarship for UC Students
A $500 academic award will be given to a student pursuing an undergraduate degree from a University of California school. The Study.com scholarship for UC students is available to all majors and both in-state and out-of-state students. Tuition and fees at UC schools are continuing to increase, and Study.com is doing what it can to help combat student debt.
- Amount: $500
- One Award Annually
- Deadline: April 1st, 2018
Previous Scholarship Winner
Computer Science Major
Computer Science and Computer Engineering - Undergraduate Scholarship
"I have always dreamt of being a successful man in my future, and I would like to be a successful engineer to help my community
and build the future of our kids. I would like to have my name in one of the famous technology inventor stories of the future.
How does receiving this scholarship help me further my education? It will help me to pay my expenses for college, because we all know how much college [can] cost. I appreciate you guys giving me the opportunity to further my educational goal."
Applicants should be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a UC school. Study.com courses that may be transferrable to UC schools include AP Exams such as:
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in one of the 9 campuses for the University of California system and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Study.com with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Study.com. The application process is completely online.
Read the full scholarship terms and conditions.