Use the National Center for Education Statistics' data to make sure you've thoroughly investigated all your options and explored a variety of figures, like net price, proximity to the city, student population, and graduation rate.
Closest Schools to Panorama City, CA
It is always important to consider where a school is located before applying. Given that there are no general higher education institutions within Panorama City, you will likely be required to live in or commute to a nearby city. The NCES data purports these five schools to be the closest in proximity to Panorama City, CA.
- Casa Loma College - Van Nuys (1.7 miles from Panorama City)
- Los Angeles Valley College (3.3 miles from Panorama City)
- Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus (3.4 miles from Panorama City)
- California State University - Northridge (3.6 miles from Panorama City)
- Woodbury University (6.3 miles from Panorama City)
Largest Schools Near Panorama City CA
Some students may prefer to attend a larger school given that they are often associated with a larger amount of diversity among their peers and more options for extracurricular activities on campus. These schools contain the highest student population figures in and around Panorama City based on their 2015 student enrollment numbers.
- University of Southern California (43,401)
- University of California - Los Angeles (41,908)
- California State University - Northridge (41,548)
- East Los Angeles College (37,188)
- Santa Monica College (30,615)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price for attending a school is always an important consideration for students. The NCES defines a school's net price as the average total cost of attendance less the average amount of financial aid received by students. The following schools represent those with the lowest net prices as reported for full-time undergraduates during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus ($1,088)
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Pasadena City College ($6,544)
- Los Angeles City College ($6,621)
Highest Graduation Rate
It is important to look at a school's graduation rate, as it can often tell you how effective it is as a learning institution. According to the NCES, a school's overall graduation rate represents the percentage of students who complete their chosen programs within 150% of the 'normal' time (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). The following three schools have the highest graduation rates in the region for students who enrolled by 2009.
- University of Southern California (92%)
- University of California-Los Angeles (91%)
- California Institute of Technology (91%)
- Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus (88%)
- Occidental College (88%)
Remember to preview as many different schools as possible in and around the Panaroma City area, and thoroughly investigate different figures about each, such as graduation rate, location, net price, and student population, in order to make an informed decision when selecting a school.