Among the nine schools located within 25 miles of Pensacola, FL, are two public colleges and a technical center. By comparing what these institutions have to offer, students can get a better idea about which would be the best fit for them. The information provided here is based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Pensacola, FL
The closest schools to Pensacola offer potential students a variety of learning experiences at public and private non-profit schools. Students will be able to work towards degrees of any caliber, including undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Virginia College-Pensacola (Pensacola)
- ITT Technical Institute-Pensacola (5.2 miles away in Pensacola)
- Pensacola State College (5.2 miles away in Pensacola)
- Fortis Institute-Pensacola (7.2 miles away in Pensacola)
- The University of West Florida (7.2 miles away in Pensacola)
Largest Schools near Pensacola, FL
Students seeking to go to college in and around Pensacola, Florida, will have the chance to attend universities with more than 9,000 students, as of Fall 2015. Other colleges have far less than that amount, with regard to their student populations.
- The University of West Florida (12,763 students)
- Pensacola State College (9,840 students)
- Fortis Institute-Pensacola (676 students)
- Virginia College-Pensacola (283 students)
- ITT Technical Institute-Pensacola (261 students)
Lowest Net Price
NCES determines the average net cost for U.S. colleges and universities by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional aid that students receive from the total cost of attendance. As reported by the NCES for the 2014-2015 school year, the following schools had the lowest average net prices within a 25-mile radius of Pensacola, for full-time undergraduate students.
- Pensacola State College ($6,842)
- The University of West Florida ($10,282)
- Virginia College-Pensacola ($18,489)
- Fortis Institute-Pensacola ($22,033)
- ITT Technical Institute-Pensacola ($24,176)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES reports overall graduation rates according to the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete a program (e.g., three years for an associate's or six years for a bachelor's degree). The following institutions had the highest overall graduation rates in the Pensacola area, as reported by the NCES, for those who entered into 4-year programs in 2009 or 2-year programs in 2012.
- Fortis Institute-Pensacola (49% graduation rate)
- The University of West Florida (47% graduation rate)
- Pensacola State College (31% graduation rate)
- Virginia College-Pensacola (8% graduation rate)
The schools in and around the town of Pensacola, Florida, have been organized into four separate categories to help you decide on one that is right for your college needs.