Pharmacy Tech Online Schools and Colleges
Online training programs for aspiring pharmacy technicians are available at many colleges, universities and career schools. Read about a few online school options, including common areas of study and requirements.
Online pharmacy technician programs are offered at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels, with certificates being the most common. Depending on the school, online pharmacy tech programs can range in length from six months for a certificate program to two years for an associate degree program. Some programs may also be self-paced, meaning students can complete their program on their own time, at their own pace.
California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay partners with Ed2Go to host a program that trains students for entry-level pharmacy technician jobs. Program courses can be completed online; they prepare students to pass the national exam for pharmacy techs. Students are required to do clinical rotations that include 20 hours of retail experience and 20 hours in a hospital setting. Each participant chooses their facilities based on local availability, and then the instructor sets up or approves the rotation. Upon completion of the 24-credit program and clinical rotations, graduates receive a certificate.
- Address: 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., WA 804, Hayward, CA 94542
- Phone Number: (510) 885-3000
Midlands Technical College
The online certificate program at Midlands Technical College is for individuals who are already working in a retail pharmacy but wish to be certified as a pharmacy tech in South Carolina. Unlike most other online certificate programs that collaborate with other services, the college has its own unique online program. The 2-semester program has prerequisites that include courses in English composition, general psychology and algebra and includes 12 semester hours of clinical practica.
- Address: P.O. Box 2408, Columbia, SC 29202
- Phone Number: (803) 738-8324
Rasmussen College offers an online pharmacy tech training program that results in an associate degree. The school partners with Collegis to provide this online program, which prepares students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Students enrolled in this program must successfully complete 90 semester hours of study, including a practicum.
- Address: 8300 Norman Center Drive, Suite 300, Bloomington, MN 55437
- Phone Number: (888) 549-6755
Online pharmacy tech programs typically consist of these courses:
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Medical Terminology
- Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacy Doses and Math
- Computer Information Systems
- Medical Ethics and Law
- Inventory and Insurance
- Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry
Related to Pharmacy Tech Online Schools
- Recently Updated
Baltimore has five schools with programs that prepare students for pharmacy tech certification. Find the best program for you...
Pharmacy technicians prepare prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist in retail, mail-order, hospital and...
Online pharmacy technician training programs are available; however, prospective students must tune in to education and...
Students interested in becoming licensed pharmacists should pursue a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) degree. A Bachelor of Science...
- Online Master of Pharmacy Program Information
- Top Schools for Pharmacy Technicians
- Top School in Tampa for Becoming a Pharmacy Technician
- Saving Young Lives: Study.com Speaks with the Founder of Homeboy Industries
- Preparing Tomorrow's Leaders: Study.com Speaks with Veterans for Education
- Nevada (NV): Colleges and Universities
- What's the Difference Between Study.com's Basic & Premium Memberships?