This article puts a few of the Pleasant Hill, CA traditional public and private non-profit institutions under the microscope, allowing readers to determine if any of them represent a good academic fit based on information gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Pleasant Hill, California
The greater Pleasant Hill, CA, region has no shortage of postsecondary training options for prospective college students, and several of those are within miles from Pleasant Hill. Here you will find five schools within 12 miles of town.
- Diablo Valley College (0.0 miles)
- John F. Kennedy University (0.0 miles)
- Saint Mary's College of California (8.0 miles)
- Los Medanos College (10.0 miles)
- University of California - Berkeley (11.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Pleasant Hill, California
Pleasant Hill is located near Berkeley and Oakland, which are home to several colleges and universities. Larger colleges typically provide more in terms of program variety and flexibility. The largest traditional, non-profit schools near Pleasant Hill are as follows and are a mix of 2- and 4- year schools with one private school.
- University of California - Berkeley (37,565)
- Diablo Valley College (20,089)
- California State University - East Bay (14,823)
- Chabot College (13,407)
- University of San Francisco (10,689)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES reported in 2014-2015 that the lowest average net price for traditional schools in the Berkeley area ranged from about $5,700-$45,000. The net price is a result of taking the cost of attendance and subtracting any institutional or government aid for full-time undergraduate students. Not surprisingly, the lowest costs were found at 2-year institutions.
- Las Positas College ($5,712)
- Los Medanos College ($6,086)
- Chabot College ($6,811)
- Diablo Valley College ($7,023)
- College of Alameda ($7,777)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reported that the graduation rates for the top traditional schools in the Pleasant Hill area ranged from 64%-92%. These rates were based on students who enrolled in a 4-year university in 2009 and graduated with a bachelor's degree in six years, which is 150% of normal graduation time.
- University of California - Berkeley (92%)
- Saint Mary's College of California (71%)
- University of San Francisco (71%)
- Mills College (65%)
- Dominican University of California (64%)
Within 25 miles of Pleasant Hill, CA you can find an abundance of postseconday program options for discerning students, and with the preceding information, you can weigh your options based on criteria important to you.