BBA in Accounting
American InterContinental University's online Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting program is designed to prepare students for opportunities in the business and accounting fields. Learn more about AIU Online's Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
School Offering Program:
American InterContinental University
AIU Online's Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting program is designed for working professionals who want to pursue opportunities in the field. This is a degree completion program only and applicants should hold an associate's degree or equivalent.
Students enrolled in AIU Online's Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting have the opportunity to learn about cost accounting, accounting information systems, and financial accounting. Students are also required to complete a number of general education courses as well as upper division classes. Online course content is delivered via American InterContinental's course delivery system, which utilizes Flash technology and a rich, multimedia experience.
Total Credits Required:
American InterContinental University's students may be eligible for various financial aid options, including federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Interested students should complete the FAFSA and will then have the opportunity to work with one of American InterContinental University's Financial Aid Advisors.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact American InterContinental University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program. Some courses and programs may not be available at all campuses.
- ACCT 410: Financial Accounting (4.5 credits)
- ACCT 420: Cost of Accounting (4.5 credits)
- ACCT 430: Taxation (4.5 credits)
- ACCT 440: Accounting Information (4.5 credits)
Upper Division Core Courses
- MKTG 305: Marketing Management (4.5 credits)
- BUSN 310: International Legal and Ethical Issues in Business (4.5 credits)
- MGMT 305: Management Information Systems (4.5 credits)
- ACCT 310: Managerial Accounting (4.5 credits)
- BUSN 311: Quantitative Methods and Analysis (4.5 credits)
- FINA 310: Financial Management (4.5 credits)
- MGMT 415: Global Operations (4.5 credits)
- MGMT 422: Advanced Entrepreneurship (4.5 credits)
- MGMT 499: Program Capstone (4.5 credits)
General Elective or Lower Division Capstone
- BUSN 300: Lower Division Capstone (4.5 credits)
General Education Courses
- PRES 111: Presentation Essentials (4.5 credits)
- SSCI 206: Aspects of Psychology (4.5 credits)
- HUMA 205: Art Appreciation (4.5 credits)
- SSCI 210: Sociology (4.5 credits)
- HUMA 215: Topics in Cultural Studies (4.5 credits)
- SCIE 210: Environmental Science (4.5 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education
Graduates of AIU Online's Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting program can go on to earn a Master of Business Administration in Accounting. Graduates may then be able to establish themselves as independent accountants or compete for jobs in financial analysis. Other possible degree options also include:
- Master of Accounting in Forensic Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting and Taxation
- Master of Science in Accounting Information Systems
Students who have completed the Bachelor of Business Administration program at AIU Online have the opportunity to compete for entry-level accounting positions and sit for the CPA exam. Accountants and financial professionals are needed in non-profit, public and private sectors.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Financial analyst
- Corporate tax accountant
- Independent accountant
- Compliance auditor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!