Career Diploma - Child Care Career Skills
Ashworth College's Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills program is designed to help prepare students to care for children in preschool, daycare, and other child care settings. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills
About Ashworth College
Ashworth College offers flexible learning options, including online learning, which allow students to integrate their education into existing family and work responsibilities. The college offers student referral bonuses, alumni savings, military benefits, employer tuition reimbursement, family savings plans, and an interest-free monthly payment program.
Students seeking admission to Ashworth College's Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills program should have a desire to work with young children. Applicants to Ashworth College should be at least 17 years old.
Ashworth College's Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills program is intended for students who want to learn more about caring for children. Program lessons explore children's growth and development, age-appropriate activities, nutrition, socialization, and learning environments. Students also have the chance to study issues and trends in early childhood care and learn what is expected of an early childhood professional. Ashworth College supplies the lesson book, study guides, and other materials that students need to complete the program. Upon graduation, students also receive a first aid kit and dry erase board.
Required Courses for a Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Ashworth College to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- Lesson 1: Providing a Safe Learning Environment
- Lesson 2: Providing a Healthy Learning Environment
- Lesson 3: Providing a Developmentally Appropriate Learning Environment
- Lesson 4: Early Care and Education: Past, Present, and Future
- Lesson 5: Stages of Early Childhood Development
- Lesson 6: Expectations of the Early Childhood Professional
- Lesson 7: Children Don't Come with Directions
- Lesson 8: Creating and Evaluating and Early Childhood Environment
- Lesson 9: Planning to Play
- Lesson 10: Planning for the Mind
- Lesson 11: Planning for the Heart and Soul
- Lesson 12: Issues and Trends in Early Childhood
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete Ashworth College's Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills program have the option of continuing their education in an undergraduate degree program. Earning an associate's or bachelor's degree may allow students to learn more about childcare and childhood education. A degree could help students obtain licenses or certification and may give them the experience needed to advance their career or start their own childcare business.
Associate's and bachelor's degree options include but are not limited to:
- Associate in Early Childhood Care
- Associate in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Care
- Bachelor in Child Care Management
Ashworth College's Career Diploma in Child Care Career Skills program helps prepare students to care for children in a wide range of settings. Career opportunities may be available in preschools, daycare centers, youth centers, or similar settings. Graduates may also be prepared to start their own home-based child care business.
Entry-level positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Child care provider
- Preschool helper
- Teacher's assistant
Ashworth College does not guarantee employment. Students are responsible for contacting their state about current certification requirements.