BS in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Current Registered Nurses who already have an associate's degree or diploma and are seeking a bachelor's degree can consider the online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN Completion) program offered by Colorado Technical University. This program is designed to help RNs gain the clinical and administrative skills to advance their career. Learn more about this Colorado Technical University degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Prior to enrolling in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion) program, prospective students should have an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the U.S. They must have also completed an Associate Degree in Nursing, an RN diploma program, or a graduate-entry transition program that prepares students to become licensed as an RN. Applicants to all Colorado Technical University's programs should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Colorado Technical University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion) program designed to provide current nurses with the skills and knowledge needed to expand their clinical and administrative abilities. The coursework can help RNs improve their decision-making and communication skills while also developing the skills needed to be a leader in the field of nursing.
Students have the opportunity to study nursing informatics, nursing research, current trends in nursing, and nursing systems management. Additional topics available for study include operations management, electronic health information security and healthcare business intelligence.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff helps students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Required Courses for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion):
Applicants can transfer up to 90 quarter credits from an Associate Degree in Nursing, Diploma Registered Nurse, or an educational transition program preparing students for eligibility to become licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN).Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Courses (13.5 credits)
- Choose one:
- COMS 201: Technical and Professional Writing (4.5 credits)
- COMS 203: Speech Communications ( 4.5 credits)
- Choose one:
- GOVT 201: American Government and Public Affairs (4.5 credits)
- HIST 101: Modern American History: 1950 to the 21st Century (4.5 credits)
- HSS 261: Ethics in Healthcare (4.5 credits)
- NRSG 310: Challenges and Trends in Contemporary Nursing (4 credits)
- NRSG 311: Nursing Informatics (4 credits)
- NRSG 312: Population-Based Nursing (4 credits)
- NRSG 313: Alternative and Complementary Interventions (4 credits)
- NRSG 314: Safety and Quality Improvement in Nursing Practice (4 credits)
- NRSG 410: Health and Wellness Assessment (4 credits)
- NRSG 411: Evidence Based Practice and Applied Nursing Research (4 credits)
- NRSG 412: Leadership and Nursing Systems Management (4 credits)
- NRSG 413: Innovation in Nursing (4 credits)
- NRSG 490: Nursing Theory, Critical Thinking and Competency (4 credits)
- NRSG 495: Nursing Capstone (4 credits)
- Select 4 credit hours of electives from the following:
- HCM 307: The Health Care Industry (4 credits)
- MGM 316: International Business Communications (4 credits)
- MGM 355: International Business Practices (4 credits)
- MGM 365: The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (4 credits)
- MGMT 345: Operations Management (4 credits)
- HCI 300: Introduction to Health Informatics (4 credits)
- HCI 310: DBMS for Healthcare (4 credits)
- HCI 380: Security of Electronic Health Information (4 credits)
- HCI 400: Health Analytics and Business Intelligence in Healthcare (4 credits)
Degree / Cert Transfer
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing (up to 90 credits)
RN License Transfer
- Registered Nurse License Transfer (28.5 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of CTU's online Bachelor of Science in Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN Completion) program could choose to continue their studies at the graduate level. A master's degree could be required to pursue advanced nursing or administrative positions. Students who enroll in Master of Science in Nursing programs could also choose a specialization area, such as adult, pediatric, or family nursing.
Potential master's degree programs include:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
After completing CTU's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN Completion) program, graduates could continue working as a registered nurse or advance into nurse manager positions where they are responsible for supervising other nurses.. They could seek employment in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physicians' offices, and outpatient care clinics. Some possible career titles include:
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Supervisor
- Case Manager
- Charge Nurse
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!