Doctor of Computer Science
Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Computer Science program is designed to provide students with research and technical skills within their chosen field of computer science and prepare them for advanced careers in academics, management, or consulting. Learn more about Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Computer Science program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Computer Science
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Doctor of Science
Students who wish to enter the Doctor of Computer Science program should hold a master's degree. Colorado Technical University offers students without a master's degree the option to obtain this degree while starting in the doctoral program. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's graduate programs should have already earned a bachelor's degree.
Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Computer Science program offers an intensive research curriculum combined with advanced courses in project management, software design, and innovation. A total of 12 research and writing courses allow students to apply research methods, work with a mentor on projects, and further develop technical skills in a specific area of expertise within the discipline, such as database systems or software engineering. One research and writing course must be completed each quarter. The program also addresses theories, managerial processes, computer application methods, and current trends and topics in the field.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Computer Science:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- CS 801: Research and Writing I (3 credits)
- CS 803: Current Topics in the Discipline (5 credits)
- CS 804: Research Methods (5 credits)
- CS 806: Research and Writing II (3 credits)
- CS 807: Project Management and Process Engineering (5 credits)
- CS 811: Research and Writing III (3 credits)
- CS 816: Research and Writing IV (3 credits)
- CS 821: Research and Writing V (3 credits)
- CS 826: Research and Writing VI (3 credits)
- CS 831: Research and Writing VII (3 credits)
- CS 836: Research and Writing VIII (3 credits)
- CS 837: Requirements Engineering (5 credits)
- CS 841: Research and Writing IX (3 credits)
- CS 846: Research and Writing X (3 credits)
- CS 851: Research and Writing XI (3 credits)
- CS 854: Software Architecture and Design (5 credits)
- CS 855: Futuring and Innovation (5 credits)
- CS 856: Research and Writing XII (3 credits)
- Six selected 5-credit electives courses (30 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Computer Science program could pursue consultant, management, or research positions in computer operations, information technology, software development and design, or computer programming. They could also seek teaching jobs at colleges or universities.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Computer science professor
- Computer consultant
- Operations research analyst
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!