BS in Cloud Computing
Those interested in careers relating to computer networking, virtual information technology, or systems development could build the technical and communication skills needed for success in this field when they enroll in ECPI University's Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing program. Learn more about this bachelor's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Cloud Computing and Virtualization
School Offering Program:
Prior to admission, aspiring students must already have their high school diploma or GED. They should also have knowledge of basic computer functions and possess strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
ECPI University's Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing program provides students the opportunity to study various networking concepts, virtualization fundamentals, and server administration processes. Topics addressed in concentration courses include:
- Cloud computing architecture
- Data storage and network administration
- Network communications, routers, and security
- Windows Client and Server operating systems
The program's core curriculum helps students develop management and customer service skills and offers courses to help students build a deeper understanding of databases, web interfaces, system designs, and system analysis methods. Some classes are accompanied by labs that allow for hands-on practices of methods and techniques discussed in program coursework.
Online or On-Campus (please contact ECPI University for program availability at a location near you)
Total Credits Required:
Eligible students may be able to receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans. Consult with ECPI University for more information about financial assistance.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact ECPI University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Arts and Sciences Courses (31 credits)
- MTH 131: College Algebra
- MTH 200: Pre-Calculus OR MTH 140: Statistics
- ENG 110: College Composition
- ENG 120: Advanced Composition
- PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 220: Positive Psychology OR a Social and Behavioral Science course
- HUM 205: Culture and Diversity OR a Humanities/Fine Arts course
- COM 110: Principles of Speech
- PHY 120: Physics
- PHY 120L: Physics Lab
- CAP 480: Arts and Science Capstone
Self-Integration and Computer Literacy Courses (9 credits)
- FOR 112: College Orientation
- COR 090: Career Orientation
- CIS 106/IST 106: Introduction to Operating Systems
- IST 120: Computer Applications
Core Curriculum (24 credits)
- BUS 122: Principles of Business and Management
- CIS 102/IST 102: Fundamentals of Customer Service
- CIS 121/IST 122: Logic and Design
- CIS 131: Database I
- CIS 150/IST 150: Networking I
- CIS 282/IST 283: Web Interface Design
- CIS 420: System Analysis and Design
- CIS 471: IT Project Management
Cloud Computing Concentration (24 credits)
- CIS 142: Cloud Computing Concepts
- CIS 151: Networking II
- CIS 202: Introduction to Routing and Switching
- CIS 220: Storage Area Networks and Disaster Recovery
- CIS 245: Windows Client and Server
- CIS 212: Network Security Concepts
- CIS 253: Network Virtualization Fundamentals
- CIS 353: Network Virtualization Administration
- CIS 247: Enterprise Network Security
Electives (33 credits)
- CIS 204: Intermediate Routing and Switching
- CIS 212: Network Security Concepts
- CIS 241: Voice Communications Over IP
- CIS 253L: Network Virtualization Fundamentals Lab
- CIS 353L: Network Virtualization Administration Lab
- CIS 321: Network Scripting
- CIS 220: Storage Area Networks and Disaster Recovery Lab
- CIS 403: Network Security I
- CIS 410: Network Security II
- CIS 425: Advanced Network Countermeasures
- CIS 431: Enterprise Application Deployment
- CIS 480: CIS Senior Project
- EET 250: Computer Organization I
After completing ECPI University's Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing program, graduates could pursue positions in the IT departments of nearly any type of industry. They might also work in software development companies, telecommunication companies, or computer consulting firms.
Positions graduates could be interested in include but are not limited to:
- Cloud Network Architect
- Network Support Technician
- Software Development Engineer
- Infrastructure Solutions Manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!