MS in Information Systems
As technology evolves, the need for IT professionals with advanced skill-sets increases. Today's IT managers must be well-versed in both technical and business management principles. ECPI University's Master of Science in Information Systems program is designed for IT professionals who wish to expand their understanding and practical knowledge of information security, cloud computing, and software development. Discover more about the Master of Science in Information Systems program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Information Systems
School Offering Program:
Applicants to ECPI University's Master of Science in Information Systems program must possess a related bachelor's degree from an accredited institution recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) with a minimum GPA of 3.0. They must also submit two letters of recommendation and demonstrate previous work experience in the field.
The Master of Science in Information Systems program at ECPI University gives students the opportunity to learn about desktop, mobile, and web technologies. Students can study networking concepts, object-oriented programming, and software and mobile application development. The program examines key concepts in:
- Relational database design and management
- Information security management
- Systems design and analysis
Students can also develop an understanding of how software development and networking concepts apply to cloud computing and virtualization.
Online or On-Campus (please contact ECPI University for program availability at a location near you)
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans. Consult with ECPI University for more information about financial assistance.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Information Systems:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact ECPI University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (30 credits)
- IS 510: Object-Oriented Programming
- IS 520: Database Management Systems
- IS 530: Information Assurance
- IS 610: Mobile Application Development
- IS 630: Information Assurance Policy and Practice
- IS 640: Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- IS 670: Software Engineering
- IS 680: Information System Project Management
- IS 698: Information System Design I
- IS 699: Information System Design II
Electives (6 credits)
- Select two from the following:
- IS 631: Information System Security Management
- IS 641: Cloud Computing Management
- IS 650: Mobile Information System Management
- IS 690: Special Topics in Information Systems
Graduates of the Master of Science in Information Systems program could pursue a variety of career options involving software development, information assurance, database design, mobile applications, and cloud computation. They may pursue employment opportunities with corporations, private businesses, and a range of software development and IT-related organizations. Positions graduates may be interested in could include, but are not limited to:
- Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Cloud Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Network Administrator