BS in Digital Arts and Design
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts and Design program is designed to teach students about both 2D and 3D design. Read more about Full Sail University's BS in Digital Arts and Design here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts and Design
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts and Design program have the opportunity to learn about and use design hardware and software. Course topics cover design techniques for different media, including the Web, digital publishing, and video games. The program also includes instruction in business topics, which is intended to help prepare students for their future careers. At the end of the program, students should have a digital portfolio that consists of their art and design work. Courses typically last one month, and students may take one or two courses at a time.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts and Design:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Digital Arts and Design
- DGT 112: Designing Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 117: Digital Storytelling (3 credits)
- DGT 232: Typography and Page Layout (3 credits)
- DGT 241: Advanced Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 252: Digital Video (4 credits)
- DGT 262: Editing Digital Video (4 credits)
- DGT 272: Interactive Media Design and Usability (3 credits)
- DGT 273: Graphic Web Design (4 credits)
- DGT 275: Flash Media (4 credits)
- DGT 311: 3D Arts (3 credits)
- DGT 321: Studio Maintenance (3 credits)
- DGT 331: 3D Animation (3 credits)
- DGT 341: Motion Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 345: Digital Audio Design (4 credits)
- DGT 351: Production Management (4 credits)
- DGT 361: Digital Studio (4 credits)
- DGT 431: 3D Projects (3 credits)
- DGT 441: Advanced Motion Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 461: Motion Graphics Project (4 credits)
- DGT 463: Digital Video Project (4 credits)
- DGT 482: Portfolio Creation (4 credits)
- DGT 493: Personal Identity Project I (4 credits)
- DGT 494: Personal Identity Project II (4 credits)
- GRD 124: Color Theory (3 credits)
- GRD 162: Digital Photography (4 credits)
- GRD 167: Critique Structures (4 credits)
- GRD 244: Digital Publishing (4 credits)
- GRD 254: Corporate Branding (3 credits)
- GRD 273: Client Relations (3 credits)
- ART 1201: Design and Art Theory (4 credits)
- PLA 2412: Intellectual Property and Law (3 credits)
- ART 2006: Art History (4 credits)
- MGF 1213: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- DEP 2004: Developmental Psychology (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- MTG 1205: Geometry and Measurement (4 credits)
- VIC 2003: History of Visual Communications (4 credits)
- DGT 117: Media and Society (4 credits)
- COM 2041: Psychology of Human Interaction (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Digital Arts and Design program could pursue advanced education at the master's degree level. Earning a master's degree could cover additional software applications and equipment. Graduates may also want to consider enrolling in continuing education courses in order to stay up-to-date on technological advancements in the digital design field.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Fine Arts in Media Design
- Master of Science in Game Design
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Digital Arts and Design program could pursue positions with design firms. In the course of their duties, they may create designs for advertisers, media outlets, Web developers, and other firms that use digital designers.
Possible careers related to the Bachelor's in Digital Arts and Design include:
- 2D/3D Graphic Artist
- Desktop Publisher
- Flash Developer
- Game Character Artist
- Motion Graphics Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- System Administrator
- Video Editor
- Visual Effects Editor
- Web Designer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!