BS in Music Production
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Music Production program is designed to teach students production techniques and basic audio principles. Learn more about Full Sail University's BS in Music Production here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Music Production - Online
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's online Bachelor of Science in Music Production program have the opportunity to learn about the technical side of producing music. Using an Apple laptop loaded with professional-level audio software, students learn about digital workstation technology and the flow of digital signals. They also learn techniques for using MIDI and designing sound effects. The program includes instruction in the music business, music history, and copyright law.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Music Production:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MPR 1301: Music Composition Programming (4 credits)
- MPR 1851: Digital Recording Principles (4 credits)
- MPR 3113: Music Genres (4 credits)
- MPR 3301: Advanced Music Composition Programming (4 credits)
- MPR 3311: Musical Arrangement (4 credits)
- MPR 3451: Game Music Composition (4 credits)
- MPR 3701: Music Production for Media (4 credits)
- MPR 4001: Advanced Music Production for Media (4 credits)
- MPR 4411: Professional Workflow (4 credits)
- MPR 4853: Music Production Final Project (4 credits)
- MPR 2051: Music History I (2 credits)
- MPR 3051: Music History II (2 credits)
- MUM 3308: Music Copyright and Publishing (4 credits)
- MUM 3733: Music Business Marketing (4 credits)
- MUT 1023: Music Theory (3 credits)
- MUT 1212: Musical Listening and Identification (4 credits)
- MUT 3413: Advanced Music Theory (4 credits)
- REC 1731: MIDI (4 credits)
- REC 1751: Digital Audio and Theory (3 credits)
- REC 1801: Audio File Management and Documentation (3 credits)
- REC 2413: Audio Workstations (4 credits)
- REC 2623: Interactive Audio (4 credits)
- REC 2803: Audio Postproduction (5 credits)
- REC 3011: Songwriting and Development (2 credits)
- REC 4315: Advanced Audio Postproduction (4 credits)
- CGS 1000: Computer Science and Internet (4 credits)
- CLP 1006: Behavioral Science (4 credits)
- COM 3109: Professional Communication and Presentation (4 credits)
- DGL 101: Digital Literacy (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- ENC 326: Professional Writing (4 credits)
- MGF 1213: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- SPC 2140: Interpersonal Communications (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Music Production program could learn additional music production skills by pursuing related master's degrees. They could also learn about other areas related to music, such as music business or audio science.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Entertainment Business
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Music Production program, graduates could pursue positions in recording studios. They may start in entry-level positions and advance to positions of greater responsibility as they improve their skills and network with professionals.
Possible careers related to BS in Music Production include:
- Music Editing
- TV Commercials
- Game Music
- Radio Commercials
- Film & TV Soundtracks
- Film Soundtracks
- Jingle Writing
- Music Mixing
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!