BA in Christian Studies
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program is designed to prepare students to work in ministry while pursuing skills in communication, leadership and organization. Read more about Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program at Grand Canyon University is intended for students who wish to work in the Christian ministry.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program is intended to use biblical studies, theology, philosophy, and Christian history to teach students. Students are given the opportunity to learn how to communicate Christ to audiences and gain exegetical skills. Classes are designed to teach historical perspectives of the Old Testament and New Testament, Moses, the Prophets, and Jesus and his interpreters. Students also have a chance to learn about world religions, biblical interpretation and application, the history of Christianity, and contemporary theology.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Christian Studies Major
- PHI 305: Ethical Thinking in the Liberal Arts (4 credits)
- BIB 104: Old Testament Historical Perspectives (4 credits)
- BIB 105: New Testament Historical Perspectives (4 credits)
- INT 244: World Religions (4 credits)
- MIN 350: Spiritual Formation for Christian Leaders (4 credits)
- BIB 351: Moses and the Prophets (4 credits)
- BIB 354: Jesus and His Interpreters (4 credits)
- BIB 355: Biblical Interpretation and Application (4 credits)
- HTH 359: Systematic Theology (4 credits)
- HTH 379: History of Christianity (4 credits)
- HTH 469: Contemporary Theology (4 credits)
- CHL 465: Christian Leadership in the 21st Century (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program may be interested in continuing their education by pursuing a master's degree in the religion field of study. This might further their knowledge of religion and could prepare them for advancement in the religious field.
Master's degree options include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Arts in Christian Studies
- Master of Arts in Religion
- Master of Religious Education
- Master of Theology
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies program at Grand Canyon University may be able to pursue employment within a ministry. Their work might include spiritual formation.
Careers that graduates could pursue include:
- Clergy member
- Church administrator