BA in Communications
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications program is designed to prepare students to be human communication and media field leaders. Learn more about Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Communications
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Arts in Communications program at Grand Canyon University is designed for students who wish to be leaders in media and communication.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications program gives students a chance to develop skills needed to design and deliver compelling messages such as knowledge, creativity, and intermodal communication. This program is intended to teach persuasive theory, including how communication can influence attitudes and behavioral changes. Students have the opportunity to learn media writing, public relations, consumer behavior, and intercultural communications. Through a communication issues and critical thinking course, students also get to apply what they have learned in real situations.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Communications:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- PHI 305: Ethical Thinking in the Liberal Arts (4 credits)
- COM 126: Communications and the Media (4 credits)
- COM 151: History of Criticism of Visual Media (4 credits)
- COM 213: Persuasive Theory (4 credits)
- COM 302: Writing for the Media (4 credits)
- COM 311: Principles of Public Relations (4 credits)
- COM 315: Intercultural Communications (4 credits)
- COM 321: Public Relations Writing and Design (4 credits)
- COM 331: Visual Media and Storytelling (4 credits)
- COM 435: Consumer Communications and Behavior (4 credits)
- COM 445: Communication Issues and Critical Thinking (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Communications program may be interested in pursuing a master's degree in the communications, advertising, or public relations fields. This might prepare them for advancement in the communications field and increased responsibilities.
Master's degree options include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Arts in Advertising and Public Relations
- Master of Communication
- Master of Professional Writing
- Master of Science in Communications Technology
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Communications program at Grand Canyon University might be able to pursue work at a newspaper, public relations agency, magazine, or advertising agency. Their responsibilities might include writing, editing, or making ad sales.
Entry-level positions that graduates might be able to pursue include:
- Copy editor
- Public relations specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!