BS in Accounting
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting prepares students for careers in the accounting field. After completing the program, students may be eligible to take the exams for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and the Certified Management Accountant (CMA). Read more about Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting is designed for students who are interested in accounting and managerial accounting careers.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting program is intended for students who want to practice professionally in the corporate and public accounting fields. The program offers courses in economics, financial and managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, and business ethics. Students also take courses designed to improve critical thinking, leadership, and communication skills. The ultimate goal of the program is to cultivate reliable leaders that will help build the worldwide economy.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Accounting:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ECN 220: Introduction to Economics (4 credits)
- ACC 250: Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- MKT 245: Principles of Marketing (4 credits)
- BUS 340: Ethical and Legal Issues in Business (4 credits)
- ACC 350: Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- MGT 420: Organizational Behavior and Management (4 credits)
- BUS 352: Business Statistics (4 credits)
- FIN 350: Fundamentals of Business Finance (4 credits)
- ACC 355: Intermediate Accounting (4 credits)
- ACC 360: Cost Accounting (4 credits)
- ACC 460: Taxation (4 credits)
- ACC 485: Advanced Accounting (4 credits)
- ACC 486: Financial Statement Analysis (4 credits)
- MGT 455: Production/ Operations Management (4 credits)
- ACC 491: Auditing (4 credits)
- BUS 485: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Students who graduate from Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting program could go on to earn a master's degree. These degrees may allow graduates to specialize in a specific type of accounting or move to a broader business focus. Related master's programs include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Executive Master of Forensic Accounting
There are accountants in every kind of business - in both the private and public sectors. Certified professional accountants who work primarily in the private sector can be Certified Management Accountants (CMA); those who work mostly in the public sector are Certified Public Accountants (CPA). Both certifications are a testimony to some of qualifications and can bring career advancement opportunities. After completing Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting, students could seek out these certifications.
Positions that certified and non-certified graduates could pursue include:
- Tax accountant
- Management accountant
- Budget analyst
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.