Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration, Retail Management Specialization
Students who would like the opportunity to gain a competitive edge in the retail workforce could begin by earning associate's degrees. At Kaplan University, they might apply to the Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Retail Management program. Read more about this Kaplan University course of study here.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Retail Management
School Offering Program:
Associate of Applied Science
Kaplan University's Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Retail Management program is designed to provide students with an overview of principles in personnel administration, marketing, accounting, and economics. The Retail Management concentration is intended to cover concepts in pricing, merchandising, consumer behavior, and sales promotions practices. Students will also have a chance to explore the importance of excellent customer service skills. Overall, courses are designed to strengthen students' communication skills as well as their decision-making abilities.
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
90 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration With a Specialization in Retail Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MM 255: Business Math and Statistical Measures (5 credits)
- AB 140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- AB 217: Finance (5 credits)
- AB 219: Marketing (5 credits)
- 100 / 200 Level: Specialization Courses (20 credits)
- AB 299: Associate's Capstone in Management (5 credits)
- Choose one:
- AB 203: Human Resource Management (5 credits)
- AB 224: Microeconomics (5 credits)
- Choose one:
- AB 113: Accounting for Non-Accounting Majors (5 credits)
- AB 114: Accounting I (5 credits)
- CS 113: Academic Strategies for the Business Professional (5 credits)
Core Courses and Electives
- CM 107: College Composition I (5 credits)
- CM 220: College Composition II (5 credits)
- Choose one:
- MM 150: Survey of Mathematics (5 credits)
- MM 212: College Algebra (5 credits)
- Open Electives (15 credits)
Retail Management Specialization
- AB 102: Principles of Retailing (5 credits)
- AB 202: Building Customer Sales and Loyalty (5 credits)
- AB 209: Small Business Management (5 credits)
- AB 221: Customer Service (5 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
For those students who would like the opportunity to develop more in-depth knowledge of business principles, Kaplan University also offers bachelor's degree programs. Taking part in a bachelor's degree program could allow students to gain a deeper understanding of concepts in such areas as budgeting, organizational behavior, leadership, business planning, and data analysis.
Below are examples of programs to which students could apply upon finishing their associate's degree studies:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with specializations in, but not limited to:
- Sales Management
- Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
Graduates could pursue entry-level positions in retail and business operations. Responsibilities could be sought in such areas as sales, employee development, customer service, visual merchandising, or loss prevention.
Potential career options for those who complete this Kaplan University program could include:
- Small business managers
- Retail store managers
- Store owners
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!