BS in Business Administration - New Media and Internet Marketing
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in New Media/Internet Marketing program is designed to equip students with expertise they can use to pursue marketing and PR management positions within wide ranging businesses. Read more about the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in New Media/Internet Marketing program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, New Media/Internet Marketing Career Focus Area
School Offering Program:
Bachelor of Science
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in New Media/Internet Marketing program is designed to provide individuals with training in corporate administrative, managerial, and financial functions, including those that specifically apply to online marketing and PR efforts. Curriculum within the program addresses microeconomics, macroeconomics, financial management, human resources, accounting principles, and other corporate fundamentals. There are also specialized classes on marketing principles for online environments, Internet business practices, web graphics, and advertising in the twenty-first century. Students have the opportunity to complete resume-building projects within which they can demonstrate mastery of concepts they are learning about in the program.
Program Length/ Total Credits Required:
180 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, New Media/Internet Marketing Career Focus Area:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- 100/200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 100/200-level: Mathematics Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 300/400-level: Arts and Humanities Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Physical Science Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Social Science Course (6 credits)
Major Requirements and Electives
- CS 113: Academic Strategies for the Business Professional (5 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR AC 114: Accounting I (5 credits)
- BU 204: Macroeconomics OR
- BU 224: Microeconomics OR
- MT 220: Global Business (5 credits)
- BU 250: Business Math (5 credits)
- MT 140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management (5 credits)
- MT 217: Finance (5 credits)
- MT 219: Marketing (5 credits)
- AC 330: Managerial Accounting for Business Professionals (6 credits)
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior (6 credits)
- MT 310: Ethics and the Legal Environment OR
- MT 311: Business Law (6 credits)
- MT 355: Marketing Research or 300/400-level: Marketing Elective (6 credits)
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management (6 credits)
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance (6 credits)
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy (6 credits)
- MT 490: Management Capstone Externship OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management (6 credits)
- IT 337: Internet Business Fundamentals (6 credits)
- IT 437: Internet Marketing (6 credits)
- MT 359: Advertising in the Twenty-First Century (6 credits)
- MT 450: Marketing Management (6 credits)
- Open Electives (35 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Kaplan University's BS in Business Administration - New Media and Internet Marketing program could emerge with expertise that qualifies them for master's and professional degree programs. These advanced studies are designed to improve students' knowledge base and skills so that they may be ready for greater responsibilities in diverse marketing, PR, and IT environments. Professional programs may qualify students to take licensing or certification examinations.*
Some available master's and professional degree options for graduates include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
Individuals completing the BS in Business Administration - New Media and Internet Marketing program have the opportunity to develop critical corporate management, marketing, social media, and IT expertise that can prove useful in diverse organizations. With public relations and sales efforts increasingly dependent upon strong brand presence online, graduates of the program could be well positioned for wide-ranging new media positions.
Students completing Kaplan University BS in Business Administration - New Media and Internet Marketing program could pursue positions that include:
- Marketing assistant
- Public relations coordinator
- Social media specialist
- Strategic communications consultant
- Online research coordinator
- SEO specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!