BS in Environmental Policy and Management
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of careers in the environmental field. Courses focus on environmental issues, management, and policy. Read more about the Kaplan University Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management
School Offering Program:
Bachelor of Science
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management program is an interdisciplinary program with a focus on environmental issues and policy. The core curriculum includes courses in environmental management, science, policy, and economics. Students who enroll in the program have the opportunity to examine the interrelationship between public and private sectors and society, economics, and the environment.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
180 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- EM 101: Introduction to Environmental Policy and Management (5 credits)
- EM 205: The Politics of Managing the Environment (5 credits)
- EM 305: The Economics of Environmental Management (6 credits)
- EM 410: The Global Environment (6 credits)
- EM 430: Environmental Policy Analysis (6 credits)
- EM 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Environmental Policy and Management (6 credits)
- LS 100: Eight Skills of the Effective Legal Studies Student (5 credits)
- LS 302: Advanced Environmental Law and Policy (6 credits)
- PP 110: Ethics and Public Administration (5 credits)
- PP 201: Introduction to Policy Making (5 credits)
- PP 205: Introduction to Administrative Law (5 credits)
- PP 220: Socially Responsible Leadership (5 credits)
- PP 310: Finance and Budgeting in the Public Sector (6 credits)
- PP 420: Private and Public Sector Partnerships (6 credits)
- Choose one of the following (6 credits):
- PP 450: Program Evaluation
- PP 460: Grant Writing
- MM 207: Statistics (5 credits)
- SC 225: Environmental Science - Ecosystems, Resources, and Carbon Footprints (5 credits)
Core Requirements and Electives
- 100/200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 100/200-level: Mathematics Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 300/400-level: Arts and Humanities Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Physical Science Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Social Science Course (6 credits)
- Open Electives (54 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
The Kaplan University BS in Environmental Policy and Management program is designed to prepare students to pursue a wide range of careers in the environmental field. Prior to graduation, students have the opportunity to immerse themselves in real-world environmental issues and gain a thorough understanding of environmental science and sustainability.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Compliance specialist
- Conservation land manager
- Corporate environmental specialist
- Energy advisor
- Environmental policy advisor
- Environmental policy analyst
- Policy and planning consultant
- Sustainability coordinator
- Waste management specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!