MBA - Finance
Students enrolled in the Finance specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program will have the opportunity to learn fundamental business processes and finance specific practices. Read more about Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program with a specialization in Finance here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Finance
School Offering Program:
Master of Business Administration
All students in Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program must complete the 60-credit core course requirement, which includes instruction in communications, analytics, accounting, marketing, and management. The program is designed to help students understand fundamental business processes, apply business knowledge to solve problems, and understand the ethical and social implications of business decisions. Students enrolled in the Finance specialization have the opportunity to gain a more thorough understanding of capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, international finance, and financial statements. Kaplan University's project-based approach could help graduates build their business and management skills while fostering leadership and innovation.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
76 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration / Finance:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 500: Business Perspectives (4 credits)
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 513: Business Analytics (4 credits)
- GB 518: Financial Accounting Principles and Analysis (4 credits)
- GB 519: Measurement and Decision Making (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GB 530: Marketing Management (4 credits)
- GB 540: Economics for Global Decision Makers (4 credits)
- GB 550: Financial Management (4 credits)
- GB 560: Designing, Improving, and Implementing Processes (4 credits)
- GB 570: Managing the Value Chain (4 credits)
- GB 580: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- GB 590: Ethics in Business and Society (4 credits)
- GB 600: Leadership Strategies for a Changing World (4 credits)
- GB 601: MBA Capstone (4 credits)
Finance Specialization Requirements
- GF 500: Financial Institutions and Markets (4 credits)
- GF 510: Risk Analysis and Management (4 credits)
- GF 520: Corporate Finance (4 credits)
- GF 530: Financial Statement Analysis (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of Kaplan University's MBA - Finance program have the opportunity to develop the real-life leadership and management skills that are important for pursuing employment in today's competitive marketplace. They could be capable of carrying out the analytical, decision-making, and leadership duties necessary for a career as a business executive.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Finance officer
- Investment analyst
- Risk manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!