MBA - Health Care Management
Students enrolled in the Health Care Management specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to study finance and management fundamentals, including practices used in health care organizations. Read more about Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program with a specialization in Health Care Management here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Management
School Offering Program:
Master of Business Administration
Students in Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program must take 60 credits - or 15 courses - in core subject areas. These courses address effective communications, sound accounting processes, strategic human resource development, and dynamic marketing methods. The curriculum is designed to help aspiring business professionals understand key economic and management principles and apply them effectively in the workplace. Students enrolled in the Health Care Management specialization have the opportunity to develop proficiencies required by health care organizations, including those related to patient treatments, privacy issues, and cost-saving measures. Coursework through this Kaplan University program also features a series of resume-building projects that could help students develop practical skills and leadership capabilities.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
76 credits. Kaplan University defines the pace of an academic year students are expected to complete for a nonstandard graduate program to be 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration with a Specialization in Health Care Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 500: Business Perspectives (4 credits)
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 513: Business Analytics (4 credits)
- GB 518: Financial Accounting Principles and Analysis (4 credits)
- GB 519: Measurement and Decision Making (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GB 530: Marketing Management (4 credits)
- GB 540: Economics for Global Decision Makers (4 credits)
- GB 550: Financial Management (4 credits)
- GB 560: Designing, Improving, and Implementing Processes (4 credits)
- GB 570: Managing the Value Chain (4 credits)
- GB 580: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- GB 590: Ethics in Business and Society (4 credits)
- GB 600: Leadership Strategies for a Changing World (4 credits)
- GB 601: MBA Capstone (4 credits)
Health Care Management Specialization Requirements
- HA 540: Health Care Operations and Quality Assessment (4 credits)
- HA 545: Health Policy (4 credits)
- HA 575: Health Care Marketing (4 credits)
- PU 660: International Epidemiology and Global Health (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students completing the Health Care Management specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to study important financial, management, and leadership skills. Graduates could develop expertise and experience valued by health care agencies.
Graduates of the Kaplan University MBA - Health Care Management program could pursue positions that include:
- Health information administrator
- Public health specialist
- Health planning director
- Hospital public relations assistant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!