MBA - Human Resources
Students enrolled in the Human Resources specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to study important business fundamentals and specific staff development strategies. Read more about Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program with a specialization in Human Resources here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resources
School Offering Program:
Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration programs are available to individuals who have earned bachelor's degrees. Students who enroll in these programs must complete 60 credits in core business and management coursework. This instruction is designed to familiarize students with fundamental principles and practices in common use within corporations. Course topics include business perspectives, financial analytics, leadership strategies, corporate communications, and value chain management. The program offers students the opportunity to develop expertise and practical skills needed to help thrive in diverse business environments. The Human Resources specialization is designed to prepare students to pursue human resources positions within organizations. Course topics for the specialization include staff training and development, labor law, employee reward systems, and effective talent recruitment. Multiple student projects are designed to help students hone skills for real-world office environments.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
76 credits. Kaplan University defines the pace of an academic year students are expected to complete for a nonstandard graduate program to be 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration with a Specialization in Human Resources:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 500: Business Perspectives (4 credits)
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 513: Business Analytics (4 credits)
- GB 518: Financial Accounting Principles and Analysis (4 credits)
- GB 519: Measurement and Decision Making (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GB 530: Marketing Management (4 credits)
- GB 540: Economics for Global Decision Makers (4 credits)
- GB 550: Financial Management (4 credits)
- GB 560: Designing, Improving, and Implementing Processes (4 credits)
- GB 570: Managing the Value Chain (4 credits)
- GB 580: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- GB 590: Ethics in Business and Society (4 credits)
- GB 600: Leadership Strategies for a Changing World (4 credits)
- GB 601: MBA Capstone (4 credits)
Human Resources Specialization Requirements
- GB 541: Employment and Labor Law (4 credits)
- GB 542: Training and Development (4 credits)
- GB 545: Strategic Reward Systems (4 credits)
- GB 546: Recruitment and Selection (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students completing the Human Resource specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to study and develop the management and leadership skills that are in demand among business organizations. Students could also gain human resources expertise that could help them pursue careers in human resource management.
Positions that Kaplan University's MBA - Human Resources program graduates could pursue include:
- Human resources manager
- Talent recruiter
- Training specialist
- Volunteer coordinator
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.