MS in Environmental Policy
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Environmental Policy program is desiged to offer students the knowledge and skills to help them pursue careers involving environmental protection, environmental laws, and policy management. Learn more about this online master's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Environmental Policy
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Environmental Policy program is designed to offer a diverse education for students preparing to pursue management careers in the environmental field. The program combines instruction with student projects and hands-on application. Program coursework offers study in current environmental policies and practices, government environmental laws and programs, ethics, legal issues, and risk assessment. Electives address sustainability or green practices, environmental policy analysis, project planning and management, and regulatory practices. Applied research and comprehensive exam tracks are available for this program. Students seeking to enter the program should have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
55 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Environmental Policy:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. This program is subject to minimum enrollments. If minimum enrollments are not met, candidates will be asked to enroll in a subsequent term. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- EM 500: Environmental Foundations and Principles (5 credits)
- EM 520: Environmental Law and Policy (5 credits)
- EM 530: Environmental Risk Assessment II (5 credits)
- EM 650: Environmental Policy Analysis (5 credits)
- LS 526: Academic and Professional Writing for Graduate Students (5 credits)
- PP 510: Leadership in the Public Sector (5 credits)
Additional Applied Research Track Core Requirements
- LS 504: Applied Research in Legal Studies (5 credits)
- EM 698: Applied Research (5 credits)
Additional Comprehensive Exam Track Core Requirements
- EM 602: Comprehensive Exam Capstone (5 credits)
- Choose three (applied research track) or four (comprehensive exam track) of the following:
- EM 610: Sustainability - Policy and Practice (5 credits)
- EM 620: Environmental Project Management (5 credits)
- PP 630: Public and Private Partnerships (5 credits)
- PP 640: Political and Economic Forces (5 credits)
- SC 525: Environmental Risk Assessment I (5 credits)
- SC 540: Biology of Pollution (5 credits)
- SC 550: Conservation of Natural Resources (5 credits)
- SC 560: Energy and Our Global Climate (5 credits)
- SC 570: Ecological Interactions (5 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Environmental Policy program could pursue employment in government agencies, environmental consulting firms, or nonprofit organizations.* They could become involved in environmental policy development, environmental disaster management, or conservation practices.
Positions graduates could pursue include†:
- Environmental specialist
- Hazardous waste manager
- Air/water quality manager
- Environmental efficiency specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!