MS in Management - Health Care Management
Individuals enrolling in the Health Care Management specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program have the opportunity to study key administrative and managerial concepts important within health organizations. Read more about Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management, Health Care Management specialization program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Management, Health Care Management Specialization
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management programs are designed to help students prepare to pursue administration and leadership positions within diverse organizations. Coursework is designed to familiarize students with prevalent management theories and practices, effective communications, human resources, and financial analysis. The Health Care Management specialization features electives on medical organizations, quality management methods, and international health systems. Students in Master of Science in Management programs have the opportunity to study management principles while receiving hands-on learning opportunities, including in the form of real-world research projects.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
56 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Management, Health Care Management Specialization:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GM 500: Management Theories and Practices I (4 credits)
- GM 501: Management Theories and Practices II (4 credits)
- GM 502: Leadership Theory and Practice I (4 credits)
- GM 503: Leadership Theory and Practice II (4 credits)
- GM 504: Organizational Excellence and Change (4 credits)
- GM 505: Action Research and Consulting Skills (4 credits)
- GM 506: Strategic Financial Analysis (4 credits)
- GM 599: Applied Research Project (4 credits)
Health Care Management Specialization Requirements
- HA 540: Health Care Operations and Quality Assessment (4 credits)
- HA 545: Health Policy (4 credits)
- HA 575: Health Care Marketing (4 credits)
- PU 660: International Epidemiology and Global Health (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management programs are designed to provide expertise and skills students can use to pursue leadership and managerial positions within a wide range of organizations. Students completing the Health Care Management specialization could be positioned to pursue a career in organizations that provide medical services.
Graduates of Kaplan University's MS in Management - Health Care Management program could pursue positions that include:
- Health care administrator
- Business development assistant
- Public health administrator
- Health services project administrator