MS in Management - Information Technology
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Information Technology program combines a core curriculum designed to develop fundamental management skills with courses focusing on technical knowledge of business information systems. Learn more about the online program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Information Technology
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Students of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Information Technology program have the opportunity to develop management and technical skills to help prepare them to be leaders in the area of business technology. Those pursuing the information technology specialization will study concepts relating to various areas of IT, including networking, hardware and software elements, computer security, and web technologies. They will also learn database management techniques, systems design and development, and IT business innovations. The core program examines management theories and emphasizes the development of leadership, organizational, and analytical skills.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
56 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Management with a Specialization in Information Technology:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GM 500: Management Theories and Practices I (4 credits)
- GM 501: Management Theories and Practices II (4 credits)
- GM 502: Leadership Theory and Practice I (4 credits)
- GM 503: Leadership Theory and Practice II (4 credits)
- GM 504: Organizational Excellence and Change (4 credits)
- GM 505: Action Research and Consulting Skills (4 credits)
- GM 506: Strategic Financial Analysis (4 credits)
- GM 599: Applied Research Project (4 credits)
Information Technology Specialization
- IT 500: Critical Concepts and Competencies for the IT Professional (4 credits)
- IT 501: Principles of Information Technology (4 credits)
- IT 510: System Analysis and Design (4 credits)
- IT 560: Managing Technology in a Business Environment (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Upon completion of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Information Technology program, graduates could be prepared to pursue upper level management jobs in corporate IT departments or computer consulting firms. They could be responsible for database management, networking, web technology, or systems design.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Information systems manager
- Information technology manager
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
- Network administrator