MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator
Students in Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator specialization program have the opportunity to build on their existing experience and education in nursing with courses designed to teach the theoretical and evidenced-based practice of nursing. Learn more about Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator specialization here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Nursing / Nurse Educator Specialization
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator specialization program is designed to build on students' previous clinical experience and nursing education while providing graduate-level education for advanced nursing roles that meet the needs of families, communities, and individuals. Students in the master's-level nursing program with a Nurse Educator specialization must complete a core curriculum, which focuses on health policy, advanced practice issues, ethics, biostatistics, and other areas. Students also have the opportunity to study instructional method design, pedagogy, and evaluation strategies.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
80 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator Specialization:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Nurse Educator Specialization Requirements
- MN 508: Teaching and Learning Strategies (5 credits)
- MN 509: Curriculum Design (5 credits)
- MN 510: Implementing Technology - Enhanced Learning in Nursing Education (3 credits)
- MN 511: Assessment and Evaluation (5 credits)
- MN 519: Nurse Educator Practicum (5 credits)
- MN 551: Advanced Pathophysiology Across the Life Span (5 credits)
- MN 552: Advanced Health Assessment (5 credits)
- MN 553: Advanced Pharmacology Across the Life Span (5 credits)
- MN 600: Evidence-Based Practice Project (5 credits)
- MN 501: Advanced Nursing Roles (5 credits)
- MN 502: Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing (5 credits)
- MN 503: Advanced Statistics for the Health Sciences (5 credits)
- MN 504: Inquiry and Evidence-Based Practice (5 credits)
- MN 505: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in a Diverse Community (5 credits)
- MN 506: Ethical and Legal Perspectives of the Health Care System (5 credits)
- MN 507: Health Policy, Financing, and Organization of Health care Delivery Systems (5 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students who complete the MS in Nursing - Nurse Educator program could develop a variety of skills, including in informatics, professional role development, health promotion, and evidence-based practice, that are relevant for positions in nursing. Graduates could be prepared to teach in nursing schools, continuing education programs, and staff development programs. The Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator specialization program could also help prepare students to sit for the National League for Nursing's Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam.*
Positions graduates of this program could pursue include:
- Nurse educator
- Health outreach worker
- Nurse education coordinator
- Clinical coordinator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!