MS in Nursing - Nurse Informatics
Kaplan University's Master of Science program in Nursing program with a specialization in Informatics is designed to prepare students to work in technology-rich environments. Learn more about Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics includes core courses designed to teach theoretical foundations of advanced nursing, advanced statistics, health promotion and disease prevention, ethical and legal perspectives, and health policy, financing, and organization. Specialization courses offer students the opportunity to study educational and research technologies, integrating informatics into the health care environment, and health systems project management. Students complete a nurse informatics specialist practicum and evidence-based practice project. Upon successful completion of this program, students could be able to assess patient care technologies and information systems and emerging and converging technologies. This program could also help prepare students for the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Informatics Nursing certification exam.*
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
65 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Nursing with a Specialization in Informatics:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MN 501: Advanced Nursing Roles (5 credits)
- MN 502: Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing (5 credits)
- MN 503: Advanced Statistics for the Health Sciences (5 credits)
- MN 504: Inquiry and Evidence-based Practice (5 credits)
- MN 505: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in a Diverse Community (5 credits)
- MN 506: Ethical and Legal Perspectives of the Health Care System (5 credits)
- MN 507: Health Policy, Financing, and Organization of Health Care Delivery Systems (5 credits)
Informatics Specialization Courses
- MN 530: Critical Concepts and Competencies for the Informatics Nurse Specialist (5 credits)
- MN 531: Innovations in Educational and Research Technologies (5 credits)
- MN 532: Integration of Informatics into the Health Care Environment (5 credits)
- MN 533: Health Systems Project Management (5 credits)
- MN 534: Nurse Informatics Specialist Practicum (5 credits)
- MN 600: Evidence-Based Practice Project (5 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students who complete the Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics at Kaplan University could pursue employment in the nursing field where using technology and information systems are an important component.† They could also be prepared to work in the health care industry or in educational settings.
Positions that students could pursue include‡:
- Chief nursing informatics officer
- Clinical informatics officer
- Informatics coordinator
- Informatics nurse
- Medical database administrator
- Medical informatics project manager
- Nursing informatics specialist
- Systems analyst
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!