MS in Psychology - Applied Behavioral Analysis
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Psychology program with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis is designed to give students the opportunity to learn the theoretical and applied practice of psychology. Learn more about Kaplan University's MS in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis offers students the opportunity to study the history and contemporary applications of psychology. Students could also gain an understanding of special populations in psychology, such as the autistic, individuals with traumatic brain injury, and the developmentally disabled. In completing their master's-level coursework and specialization courses, students have the opportunity to develop comprehensive knowledge of psychology practice and theory as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Students could also build their knowledge in quantitative analysis, which is a basic scientific tool in psychology. To graduate from the program, students must choose to complete either a thesis or comprehensive examination. A practicum is also required for this specialization. This program meets the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the exam to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
65 to 70 credits, depending on track. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Applied Behavioral Analysis Specialization
- PS 512: Research Design in Applied Behavior Analysis (5 credits)
- PS 517: Advanced Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (5 credits)
- PS 522: Behavioral Measures and Interpretation of Data (5 credits)
- PS 527: Implementing Behavioral Change (5 credits)
- PS 532: Clinical Applications of Applied Behavior Analysis (5 credits)
- PS 555: Applied Behavior Analysis Practicum (5 credits)
- MM 570: Applied Statistics for Psychology (5 credits)
- PS 501: Foundations of Professional Psychology (5 credits)
- PS 504: Advanced Research Methods (5 credits)
- PS 505: Testing, Measurement, and Assessment (5 credits)
- PS 506: Life Span Development (5 credits)
- PS 507: Ethics for Behavior Analysts (5 credits)
Thesis Track Requirements
- PS 601: Master's Research and Thesis I (5 credits)
- PS 602: Master's Research and Thesis II (5 credits)
Comprehensive Exam Track Requirements
- PS 600: Comprehensive Exam (5 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students completing the MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis program have the chance to develop critical and reflective thinking skills that could apply to a wide range of employment opportunities.* Upon graduation, students could be able to understand and apply psychology theory and information technology to real-world environments.
Graduates could pursue supervisory or specialist positions in:
- Mental health organizations
- Social services organizations
- Health care organizations
- Employee-assistance settings
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!