Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program is designed to help students develop the knowledge and skills they could use to pursue leadership positions within competitive corporate environments. Read more about Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Individuals enrolling in Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to build knowledge and skills in administrative, managerial, and financial functions commonly required within corporations. Students must have completed a bachelor's degree to be eligible for admission. Coursework for the program addresses business communications, analytics, financial management, accounting principles, marketing, and other corporate fundamentals. The Master of Business Administration program is designed to provide prospective business professionals with foundational knowledge of management to help students become leaders in their respective organizations. Classroom instruction is supplemented with practical, resume-building projects that give students the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to make sound business and management decisions. This degree can be further specialized by focusing on one of seven specializations: finance, health care management, human resources, information technology, marketing, or project management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
60 or 76 credits, depending on specialization. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 500: Business Perspectives (4 credits)
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 513: Business Analytics (4 credits)
- GB 518: Financial Accounting Principles and Analysis (4 credits)
- GB 519: Measurement and Decision Making (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GB 530: Marketing Management (4 credits)
- GB 540: Economics for Global Decision Makers (4 credits)
- GB 550: Financial Management (4 credits)
- GB 560: Designing, Improving, and Implementing Processes (4 credits)
- GB 570: Managing the Value Chain (4 credits)
- GB 580: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- GB 590: Ethics in Business and Society (4 credits)
- GB 600: Leadership Strategies for a Changing World (4 credits)
- GB 601: MBA Capstone (4 credits)
Finance Specialization Requirements
- GF 500: Financial Institutions and Markets (4 credits)
- GF 510: Risk Analysis and Management (4 credits)
- GF 520: Corporate Finance (4 credits)
- GF 530: Financial Statement Analysis (4 credits)
Health Care Management Specialization Requirements
- HA 540: Health Care Operations and Quality Assessment (4 credits)
- HA 545: Health Policy (4 credits)
- HA 575: Health Care Marketing (4 credits)
- PU 660: International Epidemiology and Global Health (4 credits)
Human Resources Specialization Requirements
- GB 541: Employment Law (4 credits)
- GB 542: Training and Development (4 credits)
- GB 545: Strategic Reward Systems (4 credits)
- GB 546: Recruitment and Selection (4 credits)
- IT 500: Critical Concepts and Competencies for the IT Professional (4 credits)
- IT 501: Principles of Information Technology (4 credits)
- IT 510: System Analysis and Design (4 credits)
- IT 560: Managing Technology in a Business Environment (4 credits)
Marketing Specialization Requirements
- GB 531: Advertising (4 credits)
- GB 532: Marketing Research (4 credits)
- GB 533: Salesforce Management (4 credits)
- GB 534: Consumer Behavior (4 credits)
Project Management Specialization Requirements
- GM 591: Strategic Project Management (4 credits)
- GM 592: Project Initiation, Planning, and Execution (4 credits)
- GM 593: Project Cost and Schedule Monitoring and Controlling (4 credits)
- GM 594: Project Risk, Quality, and Procurement Monitoring and Controlling (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Individuals completing Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program have the opportunity to develop financial acumen and management skills that could help them pursue managerial and executive positions. Students completing specializations could emerge from the program with specific administrative and decision-making skills that position them well to pursue work within wide-ranging industries.
Graduates of Kaplan University's Master of Business Administration program could pursue positions that include:
- Finance officer
- Investment analyst
- Health care administrator
- Project manager
- Human resources coordinator
- Production manager
- Operations consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!