BS in Psychology
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology through Liberty University Online prepares students to work in the fields of counseling and psychological development and behavior. Read on to learn more about Liberty's B.S. in Psychology program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Applicants to LU Online must hold a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Through the LU Online B.S. in Psychology program, students will study the development and influence of human personality, based on current theories and in relation to others, and will apply ideas about group dynamics relative to business, industry and public and private life. Courses are designed to teach developmental, childhood, adolescence, physiological, and abnormal psychology. This program requires a three credit hour internship.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Many LU Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Required Courses for a B.S. in Psychology:
- PSYC 210: Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 221: Psychology of Childhood (3 credits)
- PSYC 231: Psychology of Adolescence (3 credits)
- PSYC 255: Intro to Research (3 credits)
- PSYC 341: Psychology of Personality (3 credits)
- PSYC 355: Statistics in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 365: Psychological Foundations of Learning (3 credits)
- PSYC 371: Theories in Counseling and Psychotherapy (3 credits)
- PSYC 380: Physiological Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 421: Psychological Measurement (3 credits)
- PSYC 430: Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 499: Internship (3 credits)
- General Education Requirements (39 credits)
- Electives (45 credits)
Please note that degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact LU Online to confirm the most accurate program information.
Furthering Your Education:
LU Online offers more than 45 accredited degrees and 100 specializations at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level. After earning your B.S. in Psychology, continue your education by earning your master's degree from LU Online.
Related master's degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Master of Science in Marriage, & Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Human Services
- Health & Wellness
- Marriage & Family
Potential Career Paths
Graduates of the B.S. in Psychology program through LU Online are prepared for a variety of careers in the mental health industry, including non-clinical positions in the field of psychology and counseling.
- Case Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counselor Aide
- Workplace Counselor
- Marketing Researcher
- Psychiatric Technician
- Residential Youth Counselor
- School Psychologist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.