DBA in Advanced Accounting
The Doctor of Business Administration in Advanced Accounting program is designed for individuals interested gaining practical skills in analytical accounting and business management. Learn more about this convenient Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Advanced Accounting
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in applying to this program may have experience in financial or general management. They may have taken courses in fiscal planning, budgeting, or economics. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Business Administration in Advanced Accounting program have the opportunity examine how accounting issues relate to overall business strategies and performance. The curriculum is designed to teach participants techniques for analyzing financial statements and fiscal practices, including budgeting, profit analysis, cost management, and performance assessment. Participants have the chance to explore topics specific to fraud, taxation principles, auditing practices, and global accounting methods. Prior to completing this Northcentral University program, students have the chance to complete a final dissertation in which they analyze a field-specific issue and offer a viable solution.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Students must complete a minimum of 54 credits. However, up to 66 hours of courses may be taken if learners require additional time to complete their dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Advanced Accounting:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Advanced Accounting Requirements (students choose 18 credits)
- ACC 7000: Advanced Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 7010: Advanced Accounting and Fraud Examination Techniques (3 credits)
- ACC 7015: Advanced Forensic Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 7020: Advanced Accounting for Non-Profit Organizations (3 credits)
- ACC 7025: Advanced Tax Strategies (3 credits)
- ACC 7030: Advanced Auditing Methods and Practice (3 credits)
- ACC 7035: Advanced Accounting Theory and Policy (3 credits)
- ACC 7040: Advanced International Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 7045: Advanced Cost Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 8010: Accounting Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405B: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
After completing the Doctor of Business Administration in Advanced Accounting program, participants could be able to take on additional responsibilities in their current professional position. Opportunities could also be found with corporations, not-for-profit agencies, accounting firms, colleges, or government agencies. Individuals could undertake tasks in management, business performance analysis, budgeting, or research.
Examples of job titles that graduates could pursue include:
- Business professor
- Senior-level business administrator
- Accounting manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!