DBA in Financial Management
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Financial Management program is designed to provide learners with an understanding of how accounting and fiscal reporting practices affect organizational decision making. Learn more about this leadership-building program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Financial Management
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may be accountants, financial advisors, or auditors. Having taken previous courses in statistics, data analysis, or managerial decision making could prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Business Administration in Financial Management program have the opportunity to gain skills in fiscal analysis, budgeting, and spending for public and private organizations. The curriculum is designed to examine domestic and global financial issues, including causes of fluctuations in interest and monetary exchange rates. Participants will also have the chance to learn techniques for assessing risk, generating funds, forecasting, and investing internationally. The program is intended to develop students' practical knowledge and qualitative research skills through the integration of individualized subject analysis, exams, projects, and major papers.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
In order to obtain a doctoral degree, students must earn at least 54 credit hours. Up to 66 credit hours, however, can be taken if they need additional time to complete dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Financial Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Financial Management Requirements (students choose 18 credits)
- FIN 7012: Advanced Corporate Finance (3 credits)
- FIN 7013: Investment Portfolio Analysis (3 credits)
- FIN 7014: Managing Financial Institutions (3 credits)
- FIN 7015: Advanced Financial Statement Analysis (3 credits)
- FIN 7016: Financial Management for International Business (3 credits)
- FIN 7018: Accounting and Control for Nonprofit Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 7005: Management Finance and Control (3 credits)
- MGT 7012: Managerial Accounting for Decision Making (3 credits)
- FIN 8010: Financial Management Capstone Project (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405B: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Individuals who have completed this Northcentral University program could be able to undertake additional responsibilities in their current place of employment. They could also seek opportunities with businesses, banks, churches, colleges, philanthropic organizations, or government agencies. Graduates could work in such areas as professional consulting, business management, financial analysis, or organizational planning.
Specific job titles that graduates could pursue might include:
- Finance director
- Business manager
- Accounting and finance professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!