DBA in Health Care Administration
The Doctor of Business Administration in Health Care Administration curriculum is designed to provide students with leadership skills as well as an understanding of the commercial side of medical care and health-related industries. Continue reading for more information regarding this Northcentral University program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Health Care Administration
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in applying to this program may be currently working as business managers or health service professionals. Previous courses in consumer behavior, promotions, public relations, or management may prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Learners participating in the Doctor of Business Administration with a concentration in Health Care Administration program have the chance to examine challenges that affect leaders in the field, not limited to patient care, finances, organizational approaches, and change management. The curriculum is intended to examine issues specific to domestic and foreign health services. Students will also have the opportunity to correlate a health organization's objectives to its business needs, examining advertising tactics and customer service strategies. In addition, the program is designed to develop participants' abilities to address industry issues in a professional and ethical manner. Through the integration of major projects, papers, and subject-specific examinations, students will have the chance to develop critical-thinking and applied research skills.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Learners need to complete at least 54 credit hours in order to earn this DBA degree. However, a maximum of 66 credit hours can be taken if needed.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Health Care Administration:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Health Care Administration Requirements (students must choose 18 credits)
- HCA 7012: Health Care Industry and Financial Management (3 credits)
- HCA 7013: Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Research Management (3 credits)
- HCA 7014: Advanced Concepts and Applications in Health Policy and Management (3 credits)
- HCA 7015: Health Care Educational Theory and Application (3 credits)
- HCA 7018: Marketing Strategies in Health Care (3 credits)
- HCA 7019: Managerial Leadership within Managed Health Care Systems (3 credits)
- HCA 7020: Global Issues in Health Care Policy and Management (3 credits)
- HCA 7022: Health Care Strategic Management (3 credits)
- HCA 8010: Health Care Administration Capstone Project (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
New responsibilities in a current place of employment could await graduates of this Northcentral University program. After earning a Doctor of Business Administration in Health Care Administration, program participants could go on to pursue work with home health organizations, ambulatory care agencies, mental health providers, pharmaceutical companies, medical centers, or colleges. They could undertake tasks specific to program development, strategic marketing, quality assurance, fiscal management, or personnel administration.
Specific employment options that graduates could pursue might include:
- Health services director
- Hospital administrator
- Health care administration instructor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!