DBA in Homeland Security Leadership & Policy
The Doctor of Business Administration in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy program is designed to provide learners with knowledge of counterterrorism practices as well as the various agencies involved with emergency management operations. Read more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy
School Offering Program:
This program is designed for individuals who have experience in some area of crisis response. They may be seeking additional knowledge of the field in order to better prepare for administrative responsibilities. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Business Administration in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy program have the opportunity to examine protection strategies for securing land, air, and sea outlets from terroristic and environmental disasters. In addition, participants will have the chance to examine techniques for attaining and evaluating strategic intelligence. The curriculum is designed to cover issues specific to technological innovation, transportation security, strategic planning, and interagency collaboration. Prior to program completion, students will have the chance to complete a dissertation in which they propose a viable solution to an administrative problem.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Doctoral degree seekers must complete at least 54 credit hours. However, if they need additional time to complete their major research, students may complete a maximum of 66 credits.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Homeland and Security Leadership Requirements (students select 18 credit hours)
- HS 7000: Homeland Security and Terrorism (3 credits)
- HS 7004: Local Emergency Management and Civil Preparedness (3 credits)
- HS 7010: Aviation and Ground Transportation Security (3 credits)
- HS 7013: Intelligence and Law Enforcement (3 credits)
- HS 7014: Strategy, Resiliency, and Coping with Fear (3 credits)
- HS 7020: Security of the Maritime Transportation System (3 credits)
- HS 8010: Homeland Security Capstone Project (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405B: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
After earning a Doctor of Business Administration in Homeland Security Leadership and Policy, graduates could pursue higher-level opportunities in their current workplace. Individuals who possess this type of training could be able to seek opportunities with antiterrorism units, emergency response teams, disaster preparedness agencies, or police departments. They could work in such areas as incident management, organizational planning, professional consulting, or instruction.
Job titles that could be sought might include:
- Public safety director
- Senior homeland security analyst
- Homeland security professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!