DBA in Human Resources Management
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management program is designed to provide learners with knowledge of strategic labor relations and practices. Learn more about this graduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management
School Offering Program:
Applicants may have experience in sales, general, or labor management. They may also have experience hiring, training, or developing employees. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management program have the chance to examine how an organization's employee relation practices are linked to its overall business plan. The curriculum is also intended to explore topics specific to labor unions, including negotiations and contracting. Other topics designed to be covered include recruiting, benefits and pay management, workplace diversity, labor laws, and field-specific technology. Before program completion, students will have the chance to strengthen their research skills by completing a human resources management project, if desired, as well as a final dissertation.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
In order to earn Northcentral University's DBA degree, students must complete at least 54 credits. However, if learners need additional time to complete their dissertation research, they may take up to 66 credit hours.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Human Resources Management Requirements (students choose 18 credit hours)
- HRM 7000: Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- HRM 7001: Information Systems within Human Resources (3 credits)
- HRM 7002: Compensation and Benefits (3 credits)
- HRM 7003: Labor Relations (3 credits)
- HRM 7004: Supervising in the 21st Century (3 credits)
- HRM 7005: Human Resources Management Quality (3 credits)
- HRM 7006: Change and Innovation within Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- HRM 7007: Cultural Issues (3 credits)
- HRM 7008: Legal Issues in Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- HRM 8010: Human Resource Management Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405B: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Those who complete Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management program could be able to undertake new responsibilities in their current place of employment. Opportunities could be found with businesses, nonprofit groups, government departments, or colleges. Individuals who have completed a doctoral degree program may have the skill set needed to develop strategic business plans, administer personnel departments, manage employees, or teach.
Examples of job titles that graduates could pursue might include:
- Business executive
- Human resources manager
- Business professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!