DBA in Industrial Organizational Psychology
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program is designed to provide learners with an understanding of strategic business management practices with an emphasis on workforce psychology. Read more about this flexible graduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in applying to this program may be experienced human resource, sales, or general business managers. They may have a desire to seek a better understanding of human behaviors in order to strengthen their leadership skills. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Business Administration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program have the opportunity to explore common ways individuals and groups conduct themselves in professional settings. They have the chance to learn how to assess behaviors in order to effectively manage people and generate positive workplace results. In addition, the curriculum is designed to examine personnel administration topics, including workforce laws and regulations, union contracting, employee relations, and diversity management. Prior to program completion, participants will have the chance to complete a final major project in which they can analyze a realistic business problem and propose a plausible action plan.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
A minimum of 54 credits are needed to complete this graduate degree program. However, a maximum of 66 credits can be taken if students need additional time to complete dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (12 credits)
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business (3 credits)
- SKS 7000: Strategic Knowledge Studies (3 credits)
- BTM 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
- STAT 8028: Business Statistics (3 credits)
Industrial/Organizational Psychology Requirements (18 credits)
- IOP 8006: Organizational/Industrial Psychology (3 credits)
- IOP 8007: Consulting in Business, Education, and Mental Health (3 credits)
- MGT 7006: Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- MGT 7022: Organizational Development (3 credits)
Students choose two additional courses from the following list:
- MGT 7110: Leadership in Organizations (3 credits)
- MGT 7014: Business and Management Consulting (3 credits)
- HRM 7008: Legal Issues in Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- BUS 8010: Business and Technology Management Capstone Project (3 credits)
Research Methods Requirements (9 credits)
- BTM 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- BTM 7702: Research Methods and Designs (3 credits)
- BTM 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9400B: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Courses (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401B: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402B: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403B: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404B: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405B: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408B: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Upon completion of Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program, graduates could be able to take on additional responsibilities in their current place of employment. Opportunities could be sought with educational institutions, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, or private corporations. Graduates could be able to undertake responsibilities in professional consulting, strategic analysis, workforce development, or instruction.
Specific job titles that program participants could pursue might include:
- Organizational development specialist
- Senior-level business manager
- Organizational leadership professor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!