Ed.D. in E-Learning
The Doctor of Education in E-Learning program focuses on applying principles of learning in online environments. Learn more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in E-Learning
School Offering Program:
Students applying to this program who already hold a master's degree will meet the basis of admission. Previous experience with using technology in an educational environment may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Education in E-Learning program at Northcentral University pairs a thorough foundation in education with specialized coursework in the use of technology in learning environments. The foundation includes instruction in research strategies and methodology, research design, scholarly writing, and statistics. The e-learning specialization emphasizes principles, practices, and strategies of e-learning. Also covered are differences between adult and K-12 students in online learning environments. Students in this program must complete a doctoral dissertation as part of their program.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 54 credits
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in E-Learning:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program
- EDU 7000: Educational Research Strategies
- EDU 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- EDU 7002: Educational Research Methodology
- EDU 7020: Statistics in Educational Research
- EDU 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose and Questions
- EDU 7702: Research Design
- EDU 7705: Mixed Methods
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- CMP 9400E: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- DIS 9401E: Doctoral Dissertation Research I
- DIS 9402E: Doctoral Dissertation Research II
- DIS 9403E: Doctoral Dissertation Research III
- DIS 9404E: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV
E-Learning Specialization Requirements
Choose six courses from the following:
- EL 7001: Principles and Practices in E-Learning
- EL 7002: E-Learning Instructional Strategies
- EL 7003: Instructional Design and E-Learning Activities
- EL 7004: The Online Learner
- EL 7006: Facilitating Adult Learning Online
- EL 7007: Ethical and Legal Issues in an Online Course
- EL 7008: Online Learning Communities in an Online Course
- EL 7010: Online Learning for K12 Students
- ED 7008: Educating a Diversity of Learners
Post Graduation Opportunities
This program provides students the opportunity to expand their knowledge and develop a broad set of skills. Students may learn how to develop curricula for online environments and leverage technology in the learning process. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Online curriculum developer
- E-Learning instructor
- Program facilitator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!