Ed.D. in Global Training & Development
Northcentral University's Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development program is designed to provide learners with an in-depth examination of diverse and inclusive managerial strategies. Learn more about this accredited university's graduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may have experience in the business realm. They may also be existing educators seeking to strengthen their administrative skills. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Individuals who have enrolled in this Northcentral University program have the opportunity to develop applied research, critical-thinking, and practical skills specific to organizational leadership. They have the chance to examine theories in adult learning as well as study techniques for working in traditional and online instructional environments. The program is designed to teach students how to understand and assess the training needs within an organization in order to maximize success. Participants will have an opportunity to examine international companies who have created successful training programs. Furthermore, students will have a chance to evaluate their own organization's efficacy and analyze areas for growth.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
A minimum of 54 credits are needed to complete this graduate degree program. However, a maximum of 66 credits can be taken if students need additional time to complete dissertation research. Students can take up to seven years to complete this program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (6 credits)
- EDU 7000: Educational Research Strategies (3 credits)
- EDU 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
Global Training and Development Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- ED 7017: Systems Dynamics (3 credits)
- ED 7030: Development of Organizational Leadership (3 credits)
- GTD 7000: Human Performance - Paradigms and Possibilities (3 credits)
- GTD 7005: Strategic Links for Successful Global Training (3 credits)
- GTD 7007: The Role of Technology in the Global Training Marketplace (3 credits)
- GTD 7011: Best Practices for Training and Presenting to International Audiences (3 credits)
- GTD 7013: Evaluating Training Programs (3 credits)
- GTD 7019: Trainer as Consultant in the Global Marketplace (3 credits)
- OL 7001: Conflict Resolution and Mediation (3 credits)
- OL 7002: Building Organizational Capacity (3 credits)
- OL 7003: Leadership for Excellence (3 credits)
Research Method Requirements (15 credits)
- EDU 7002: Educational Research Methodology (3 credits)
- EDU 7020: Statistics in Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- EDU 7702: Research Design (3 credits)
- Students also complete one of the following courses:
- EDU 7703: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7704: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7705: Mixed Methods (3 credits)
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9400E: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9401E: Doctoral Dissertation Research I (3 credits)
- DIS 9402E: Doctoral Dissertation Research II (3 credits)
- DIS 9403E: Doctoral Dissertation Research III (3 credits)
- DIS 9404E: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV (3 credits)
- DIS 9405E: Doctoral Dissertation Research V (3 credits)
- DIS 9406E: Doctoral Dissertation Research VI (3 credits)
- DIS 9407E: Doctoral Dissertation Research VII (3 credits)
- DIS 9408E: Doctoral Dissertation Research VIII (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Existing educators or administrators who have completed the Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development program could be able undertake additional responsibilities in their current school. Additionally, graduates of this program could be able to seek opportunities with within county departments, public schools, or postsecondary institutions. Opportunities could also be sought with domestic or international corporations.
Graduates of this Northcentral University program could be able to find employment as a(n):
- Public school principal
- College education instructor
- University admissions director
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!