Ed.D. in Higher Education Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership program is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the organizational structure, practices, and regulations of colleges and universities. Read more about this flexible Northcentral University doctoral degree program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership
School Offering Program:
Individuals who might be interested in enrolling in this program may be college instructors, directors, or other educational professionals seeking to strengthen their understanding of postsecondary administrative practices. Previous courses in management, consumer behavior, marketing, finance, or technology management could prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in this program have the opportunity to study foundational and contemporary approaches to managing postsecondary institutions. The program is designed to teach learners how to run a collegiate organization as a business while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and organizational mores. Participants also have a chance to examine common higher education budgetary practices and systems. Other topics designed to be covered include domestic and international student recruiting and admissions, patron and alumni affairs, and organizational relations. In addition, the curriculum is designed to examine factors specific to Web-based instruction and learning.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program can be completed in 54 credits; however, students needing more time to complete dissertation research can take up to an additional 12 credits. Students have up to seven years to complete this program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (6 credits)
- EDU 7000: Educational Research Strategies (3 credits)
- EDU 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
Higher Education Leadership Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- LHE 7004: Organization and Governance of Higher Education (3 credits)
- LHE 7005: Legal Issues in Higher Education (3 credits)
- LHE 7006: Student Affairs Leadership (3 credits)
- LHE 7007: Strategic Enrollment Leadership (3 credits)
- LHE 7008: Higher Education Finance (3 credits)
- LHE 7010: Current Trends & Topics in Higher Education (3 credits)
- LHE 7011: Higher Education Leadership (3 credits)
- LHE 7012: Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness in Higher Education (3 credits)
- LHE 7013: Community College Curriculum and Program Development (3 credits)
- LHE 7014: Introduction to the Community College (3 credits)
Research Method Requirements (15 credits)
- EDU 7002: Educational Research Methodology (3 credits)
- EDU 7020: Statistics in Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- EDU 7702: Research Design (3 credits)
- Students take one of the following courses:
- EDU 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7705: Mixed Methods (3 credits)
Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9400E: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS9401E: Doctoral Dissertation Research I
- DIS9402E: Doctoral Dissertation Research II
- DIS9403E: Doctoral Dissertation Research III
- DIS9404E: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV
Post Graduation Opportunities
After earning a Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership degree, graduates could be able to find work with 2- or 4-year public or private colleges, universities, or online schools. Opportunities could also be sought with community organizations or government education departments. Professionals in this field might undertake tasks in personnel management, strategizing, budgeting, policy development, or community relations.
With this Northcentral University degree, graduates could be able to apply for positions as:
- Academic affairs officials
- Admissions directors
- Educational leadership professors
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!